Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help !!!!
Quote:[user=480]fishhound[/user] said
Quote:How old is the Savoy Humidor? If this is brand new, I'm thinking it may not be fully seasoned.
 I think fishhound may have hit the nail on the head here.
80 degrees isn't that bad. The humidity is a bit low but at 80 degrees do not go for anything above 64%! That is too much! Try raising your humidity to 60% and relax. Smoke your cigars and worry only when they start smoking poorly.

Thanks for your good words Skipper.
Also - ditch the humidification devices in those Thompson humis - they suck!  The foam they use does not fill the plastic housing they are in - they will cause you to have standing water in them.  Then you will get mold.  They will not stand behind their products - at all.  Ditch those p.o.s. Thompson units and get the beads.  They are the best - and they are not expensive either.  I had to trash my P.O.S. Thompson humi.
Okay Thanks alot Mark. I going to put my bead order asap. I think that's the way to go and thank you all for you great advice. I don't know what I would do with out you guys. Your all great. Happy Smoking
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:80 degrees isn't that bad. The humidity is a bit low but at 80 degrees do not go for anything above 64%! That is too much! Try raising your humidity to 60% and relax. Smoke your cigars and worry only when they start smoking poorly.

Why John? @ 76 I get nervous and 80 I would shit myself. What about the beetles?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

AIR CONDITIONING !!!
Air Condition, are you kidding this is Seattle!!!!!!! Just joking
taf, i genuinely believe you dont avoid beetles by keeping the temp down. As you know I recently had an outbreak. Yeah, it got warm as we had some hot days here before I cranked up the AC, but out of over 2,000 cigars, only 2 cigars in 1 box had an issue. The rest are egg free. The leaves have been frozen, fumigated and finally shipped on trucks and boats where the temp was anything but controlled. And they came from the Caribbean too where the daily temp is well in excess of 80 degs.