6 x 52
Wrapper: Ecuador Connecticut Shade
Binder: Mexico
Filler: Nicaragua / Dominican Republic
Date: 07.23.08
Smoke Time: 65 min.

[Image: chateaureal1-072308.jpg]

Prelight:
A very smooth light caramel colored wrapper.  There were no major veins, and a couple of small cracks near the head.  One was about 1/16” long  and was about 3/4” from the head.  The second crack seemed to have a tiny flap that had folded back, and was glued back down.  The cigar was firmly packed with no soft spots, and it was springy to the touch.  Prelight aroma had hay and floral notes with a slight sweetness.  Prelight taste was hay and black tea.  The cap seemed a bit hastily applied, and the fill was a touch loose at the head.

1/3:
The cigar started off with very mild flavors of toast and a slight grassiness.  There was also an overall creaminess that was nice.  Though mild, there was the slightest hint of black pepper spiciness just barely at the back of my palate.  Though barely noticeable at all, it gave a nice balance to the creaminess.

[Image: chateaureal2-072308.jpg]

2/3:
The pleasant mild flavors continued.  The subtle black pepper at the start was replaced by wet cedar flavors, which went well with the other flavors from the first third.  The grassiness became drier and more hay-like.

[Image: chateaureal3-072308.jpg]

3/3:
A very slight intensification of the flavors from the second third occurred.  The cigar moved from the mild to the mild-medium range.

[Image: chateaureal4-072308.jpg]

Overall:
A vey pleasant mild cigar with a good array of flavors.  The creaminess had a nice evolution of complimentary flavors (spice, cedar, grass, and hay) that kept the cigar interesting.  This cigar was proof that not all mild cigars have to be flavorless and boring.  Worth a try if you are in the mood for something mild.

Thanks for the review Bill. I have never really smoked that manyy Drew estates brand cigars but I will keep this one in mind.
Great review Bill, this cigar is coming up on the next CYP.

I thought the same thing the first couple times I smoked this cigar, very good mild cigar, proving that you dont need strength to have flavor

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Nice review Bill. I still have a few of these in my humi that I haven't tried yet. I'm going to have to torch one soon.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Nice review Bill. I still have a few of these in my humi that I haven't tried yet. I'm going to have to torch one soon.

Doc
Me too and me too[rob]