Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The well-ventilated mancave~
The major aftermath of Dolly here has been a horde of mosquitos following the heavy rains we got . . . makes a quiet evening on the patio watching the sunset with a good cigar and stiff drink a bit uncomfortable right now, to say the least!

In another thread, Keith (I think it was) recommended a two-fan window insert . . . they're about $40 at Target, but I found one at Big Lots when Odsman was here for $15. You reverse mine to "exhaust" by turning it around in the window, lol---it has controls on both sides---but hoo, buddy, does it ever do a bang up job!

Even with Odsman and me herfing it up in here (my front bedroom mancave/office) it clears the smoke right out . . . the smell lingers a bit, but never makes it out of the room, and it doesn't get smoky at all. Great stuff!

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Coolness!  Stay dry down there, partner.  I have always propped a large box fan in the window and in clears the cave out well.  Such a simple idea but works great!  As long as it creates a little suction, all is well. 

Happy smoking!
I bought a bug zapper ...I love that thing a little noisy ....But I smoke cigars outside only and we get alot of mosquitos in denver and I have yet to have been bitten ...They love to run into that thing !! LOL
Great idea.  I am planning on having a hinged box fan next to my garage window for ventilation.  Maybe one of the 2-fan setups would be better?
Well, I like the two-fan because there's a lot less opening, and mine's mounted in an air-conditioned room in a subtropical climate . . . with the door to the mancave room closed, I haven't noticed any extra load on the A/C, but with a bigger, more open unit, I was worried it'd get warm in here no matter which way the fan was running.

I run it an extra five minutes or so to finish clearing the air, then pull it back out of the window when I'm done.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
[Image: 51S0ACYSJKL._SS260_.jpg]
Target

I highly recommend it.   It seems to have gone up from $19.99 to $29.99, which sucks.   It does a great job for me, even on the "LOW" setting.

• Circulate fresh air into any room without exposing your home to the elements
• Designed to fit virtually any window type, with adjustable accordion panels on either side of dual fans
• Adjustable thermostat; 3 speeds
• Reversible fans have independent fresh input/exhaust output controls
• 12Hx5D" adjustable width up to 38"

http://www.target.com/Honeywell-Twin-Window-Fan-HW-628/dp/B000FIIXLA/sr=1-1/qid=1217694305/ref=sr_1_1/601-8678261-7591365?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ahoneywell%20fan&page=1
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Damn... $10 shipping for one fan, $15 shipping for two.
Worth the gasoline for a trip up to the local Target.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
They are a great product.  Within the next 3 weeks they will close them out for half of that.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.