Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG a fisherman shot himself! (with a sinker)
http://www.newsday.com/news/printedition/longisland/ny-lifish305782274jul30,0,2052483.story

Darwin would have had a comment
That is some freak accident..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
That is wild! The poor bastard was in the park the morning 5 guys got hit by lightning too!  You would have thought he would have luck on his side after that.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:That is wild! The poor bastard was in the park the morning 5 guys got hit by lightning too!  You would have thought he would have luck on his side after that.
Have you ever seen or heard of the movie "Final Destination"?
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
Odsman Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:That is wild! The poor bastard was in the park the morning 5 guys got hit by lightning too!  You would have thought he would have luck on his side after that.
Have you ever seen or heard of the movie "Final Destination"?
I was thinking the same thing!
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
talk about dumb luck.......

Honestly though, this isnt Darwin Material. Dumb shitty luck: yes....

Stupidity not so much.

Since it happened in New York, the state will require full face protection when using evil killer lead weights
1312.5grain (3oz) fishing sinker, moving at oh, say about 12ft/sec, will have roughly 0.65ft/lbs of kinetic energy at impact.

Compare to :

9mm -  147gr bullet at 1100ft/sec (431.58 ft/lbs of kinetic energy)

.40S&W - 180gr bullet at 950ft/sec (360.62ft/lbs)

10mm - 180gr bullet at 1250ft/sec (624.58 ft/lbs)

.45acp - 230gr bullet at 875ft/sec - (390.92ft/lbs)

.223 - 55gr bullet at 3240ft/sec - (1282ft/lbs)

30-06 - 150gr bullet at 2910ft/sec- (2820ft/lbs)

45-70 - 405gr bullet at 1330ft/sec - (1590ft/lbs)

For those of us who partake of "American Gladiators"

Tennis Ball - (2oz) 875grains at 200ft/sec - (77.70ft/lbs)
how can this be?????? a sinker???????
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
I don't understand lol.  Was he trying to set the hook or something? How did the weight shoot out of the water and into his face?  That's one of those things were all you can say is "it was his time to go" when something that bizarre happens.
banzaitoyota Wrote:talk about dumb luck.......

Honestly though, this isnt Darwin Material. Dumb shitty luck: yes....

Stupidity not so much.

Since it happened in New York, the state will require full face protection when using evil killer lead weights

no, there was a little dumness involved. The fishing rod is a spring. Fishing line is a rubber band. You stretch this and load it up... somethings gotta give. If I absolutely have to load my rid in a situation like that I hold it off to the side. If nothing else I dont want to get whipped in the face by the rod.

When landing a fish I warn my guys all the time when the fish is on the surface to relax the pressure.