Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow evening I am off to the beach
I have been a Tull fan since my mother made me listen to them and the moody blues, neil young etc etc... for every car ride till I was 16.  Then I chose to listen to them in MY car and on MY stereo!!  Saw em a couple of times in the ATL.  Them old bastages can rock... one time in 1995 I think, Ian injured his leg when he jumped off a stack of speakers...anyway..he was in a wheel chair for the show and all I can remember was him rolling around like a lunatic up and down the stage ripping total ass on the flute!!!  It was awesome.  I mean, this guy could have been a freakin' AARP member and he was giving a show that could make Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl envious!!! 

Must have had a hell of a time Skip!!  I envy you!!! 
bipolar Wrote: he was giving a show that could make Jesse James Dupree from Jackyl envious!!! 

hehe, Jackyl concert next Sat. at the Tabernacle...
New cd comes out Tues... Cool
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
The only song I knew was Acualung, but after watching those youtube videos I started downloading some of there stuff.  And I have always liked Frampton (Geico commercials or not lol)

Glad you had a good time Skipper
I remember when you got the tickets, Ahole! Thanks so much for the hard work and effort for posting the vids. UDAMAN John.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Have always been a fan of Tull.  Saw them in Seattle in '69 when they had a brand new start-up band called "Yes" !
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Anderson told a funny story. It seems the Eagles used to open for Tull years ago. One of their songs was We Used To Know http://remus.rutgers.edu/JethroTull/Albums/StandUp-lyrics.html#WeUsedToKnow

Interestingly enough, a few years later the Eagles came out with Hotel California. Anderson said they paid Tull a great tribute by copying the song. And once they proved it in court they paid them a great deal of money too! Then he held up his Rolex... lol.

If you don't know Tull, and like what you hear, DL the FULL version of Thick as a Brick (around 42 minutes)...

here is what is commonly known as part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXB9XuSq5w

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF3L5E0NDAM&feature=related

Like symphonies of yore, this piece changes and lives and breathes then return in classic symphonic style (at the end you hear it come back to the main melody... awesome! relieves built up tension as explained by Douglass Hoftstadter in Godel Escher & Bach). Anderson was classically trained and yet a real rocker. He brought it all together. He invented the idea of using symphonic instruments in rock (& was vocal about everyone else copying him but doing it wrong).

He is a genius.

Very cool John!!!! I was trying to figure out how to post video from my photobucket account,which link do you copy and paste?
I met Peter Frampton a few years back.  Nice guy.  I was suprised how short he was.