Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Smoke shops Reviewed
I don't know if this goes here or not but it's a review so I figured what the heck. I know the mods will move it if need be.

I took a nice road trip today about 45 minutes from home to Champaign Illinois and checked out two smoke shops there. I couldn’t find any one to go with me as most people work weekdays so it was a solo mission but I had fun. My first stop was Bacca cigar shop. This is a nice place with a decent selection of smokes in the walk in humi. They had most of the popular stuff AF, Ashton, LFD, DPG Sancho Panza, etc. They also had a nice selection of Tats though I didn’t see any Black labels. The proprietor was there and was a very nice guy. He was helpful and didn’t lord over me while I was in the walk in but did come in and show me around after I asked him where some stuff was. All in all it was a very nice shop and though I was not in there that long I did enjoy being there.

My second stop was to Jon's pipe shop on green street. It is on the U of  I campus. This shop has been there for a long time, they told me how long but I cant remember at the moment but it was many decades. Walking into this place is like taking a step back in time. It is one of those old time buildings that is narrow and deep. The walls are lined with wood cabinets top off by glass display cases. There is also a counter/display case that divides the shop length ways almost all the way to the back of the shop. This place is jam packed full of cigars, pipes and smoking accessories. The owner was there as well as another Gentleman working the floor and the register. The owner was a nice and said hi and made some small talk and the other guy was quite nice as well and was very helpful. I spent the better part of an hour in Johns and met two guys that I assume were collage students. They were both pretty cool and were smoking Punch cigars. I had a nice talk with them and the guy working there while I was in the shop. I invited them to come check out Stogie Chat so I hope they make it here and join up. My visit to Johns was definitely the highlight of the trip. They have a great selection of cigars, and a friendly atmosphere. The shop is kind of cramped but there is a bench by the front door where you could sit down and have a cigar or you could just stand at the counter if you preferred. I had a nice time and felt at home while I was there.

In conclusion I would recommend both of these smoke shop to any one in who is the area. If you ever have a reason to come to central Illinois shoot me a PM and I would be more than glad to meet you at either one of these shops for a smoke so long as time allows.

http://www.baccacigar.com/

http://www.pipeline.com/~pipeshop/

Quote:two guys that I assume were collage students.

Must be Art Students... Tongue

Nice review... Big Grin
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"