Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partaga
Well my wife got me a cuban partaga while overseas. It was the tastiest little stick I have ever smoked. Size was much smaller than I am acustomed to. It was around a 40 or smaller in ring gauge. The flavor was huge! My question is, do the ones made outside cuba have a similar flavor? Thanks.
In short, no.  A Partagas from the island has a very unique flavor, that isnt replicated in the non Partagas.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I'll assume you smoked a Partagas because there are no cigars from Cuba called Partaga. Most likely it was a Partagas Short AKA Party Shorts, one of my favorites. These are one taste little cigar.

As far as anything close to that not made in Cuba, try the new La Riqueza by Pete Johnson. They are not the same but as close to a Cuban profile as I have ever smoked. Nothing will be the same as a Cuban cigar in taste, however there are some real good stuff out of Nicaragra right now that is real full flavored and great smokes non the less.
yes, forgot to add the s during typing. Tongue
I smoked one on a whim, and I thought it sucked.  On the other hand...the ISOM partagas...I have 3 boxes of...and can't get enough of that wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL flavor...SmileSmile
yeah, party shorts aren't really my thing either, although they aren't bad either. i think it's just my smoking style but a couple puffs in, it starts to get too hot for me. now, psd's on the other hand, mmmmm..... good! i would definitely check out the la riqueza minuto fishhound recommended to you, they are a fantastic smoke. tatuaje petites are pretty good as well, smaller in size than a party short, but a lot of people really love em.