Poll: Are Cubans better than the products from the Dominican?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
32.35%
11 32.35%
no
29.41%
10 29.41%
same
8.82%
3 8.82%
undecided
29.41%
10 29.41%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What If?
Time Wrote:I too, am very satisfied with the offerings available outside of Cuba.

This is how I feel, generally.  I will be just fine should the embargo never be lifeted.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I'm still trying to recover from a weekend with a Padron 80, Tats Black and a GOF. Lots of great choices out there.
I thank all who have / will participate in this survey. I ask all to atleast place a vote...as I am doing a research paper for  my class.  I am not allowed to elaborate any further.

P.S. You need not worry about a response. All responses are private and will not be screened. Just check one that applies.

TUSA
OK, I voted.  I also just realized, that the link I posted, ^^^^ Is live, and no longer points to the articles I was referencing Sad.

Sorry for the confusion:?
Tom!!!

How you doin buddy? I called you back the other day as you requested but alas no answer.

Anyway I voted. Undecided. There are a few cubans that rock my boat, but more cigars form the other major cigar coutries that do the same. Just like there are a few cigars that do not from both within and outside of cuba.

IF the embargo is lifted, I think the most exciting thing will be the blends. Companies already making fine cigars form Nicaragua (& DR & Hondorus) will be blending with cuban tobacco and wrappers.

CAO will add another country.

Italia, Brazilia, Americana, Cubatania
It's all personal preference.

I PREFER Cubans over NCs, but that's me, and it certainly does not make them better.

I only worry about what will happen to the Cuban quality and availaibility once the embargo lifts, with every Tom Dick & Hank trying out Cubans because they're allowed, as well as the Mega-retailers trying to stock their shelves.
Over here I have the advantage of having CCs and NCs both (Mexico); and having tried various of both I'll tell ye that cubans have a fame mostly because of beeing America's "forbidden fruit". There are great cubans! But also great non cubans that shouldn't be unapreciated. If ye can, get them, but if ye can't, no worries.
My apprenticeship was served on Cuban cigars and I am fortunate that I can purchase them freely due to my location and my travels.

However,

Dom and Nic cigars have played a huge game of catch up in my opinion, and are as good as certain brands of Cuban and better than some.

So many cigars and so little time.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Nic are top rate however given the choice there  is no comparison to Cuban cigars ...( IMHO)
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Tom!!!

How you doin buddy? I called you back the other day as you requested but alas no answer.

Anyway I voted. Undecided. There are a few cubans that rock my boat, but more cigars form the other major cigar coutries that do the same. Just like there are a few cigars that do not from both within and outside of cuba.

IF the embargo is lifted, I think the most exciting thing will be the blends. Companies already making fine cigars form Nicaragua (& DR & Hondorus) will be blending with cuban tobacco and wrappers.

CAO will add another country.

Italia, Brazilia, Americana, Cubatania

To touch on what Skipper said, I have heard that several Dominican brands have purchased Cuban tobacco and already started on blends. The sentiment is that they don't want to be caught off gaurd when the embargo is dropped. I know this is a fact because a couple of people I know who were in the Dominican earlier this year smoked these blends and were truly amazed.

Paul. Stogiesmile