Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent Tins?
     My cigar smoking is limited to the weekends, primarily because I rarely find the hour+ time it takes to enjoy a good cigar during the week.  I have been looking into the idea of tins, but I'm not a fan of the tiny ring sizes generally associated with "cigarillos". 

Is there a such thing as a good, 30-minute cigar with a relatively substantial ring size?  Secondly, do the smaller versions of certain brands vary greatly from their regular sized equivalents?  In other words, if you like a certain brand of cigar, is it safe to assume you'll enjoy the smaller version of the same brand?
Hello Pete,

Have you ever tried the Cohiba Pequinos?

Cohiba Red Dot Pequinos
http://www.tbs-cigars.com/html/cohiba.html

They are one of my favorites when on the go.   The tin is not real huge and fits nicely in a back pocket or your jacket.   Use the discount code STOGIECHAT and get 5% off an order!  Smile

ET
    I've never tried ANY "pocket-sized" cigar, but I will say I really loved the Cohiba Red Dots (...all but the price tag).  Thanks for the prompt response, Eric.  Do you sell single tins, or are you tied to purchasing 5 tins at once?

Hello Pete,

Shipping is what kills you on small orders.   If you want to try a tin, just PM me your address and I'll slip a tin in the mail to you no charge.    If you like them, you know where to buy!   Sound like a deal?  Smile
admin Wrote:Hello Pete,

Shipping is what kills you on small orders.   If you want to try a tin, just PM me your address and I'll slip a tin in the mail to you no charge.    If you like them, you know where to buy!   Sound like a deal?  Smile

Sounds like a win win situation to me. Cool
Bluesman455 Wrote:

Sounds like a win win situation to me. Cool
Big Ditto!!! Cool :dude:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Another quick suggestion, 5 Vegas Shorty.  They are a 4.2 x 40 short torpedo, and smoke really well.  I've got the same problem, and like a short smoke here and there throughout the week, and these were great smokes.   My local B&M carried them until recently, since then, the only place I can find them is online, and 40 of them are usually about 40 bucks or so.  If you can find them local, you'll avoid the shipping charge that makes buying online not worth it for smaller orders.

[cigar]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Try a few CAO Brazilia Cariocas, Eric may be selling these also.

Have you ever tried the Cohiba Pequinos?

Cohiba Red Dot Pequinos
http://www.tbs-cigars.com/html/cohiba.html

They are one of my favorites when on the go.   The tin is not real huge and fits nicely in a back pocket or your jacket.   Use the discount code STOGIECHAT and get 5% off an order!  Smile

ET
Hi Eric,

Maybe you should post a little bit about yourself before posting deals.
Also, we have a section specifically for retailers when posting specials.

Tongue
There are some pretty decent cigarillo and cigarillo-esque cigars out there, but I've found that you have to be pretty gentle with them or they'll get hot and harsh FAST. With that said, in tins I'd recommend the Don Tomas Cornitos(sp?), La Gloria Cubana maduro, Gurkha Minis, and Torano Exodus. I had all of those in the cigarillo size first, and thought "wow, if they do this good a job with a mini, the robustos must be phoenomenal!"

A little bigger but still good are the tinned versions of CAO Italia and Brazilia. They make cigarillo sized versions of a lot of their lines too, but I haven't been very happy with them. I'll also second the vote for the 5 Vegas Shorty - 'course I'm partial to Cameroon wrappers! If you like the DE Natural line, the Juicy Lucy is a nice quick one, too.

If you have time for a PC, the possibilities are ENDLESS! Best choices (IMO) for those are 5 Vegas 'A' Anomaly, CAO Black 'VR' Mural and 5 Vegas Gold Nugget. I've had the big-sister sizes to all of those and, for my OWN palate, I think the PCs are the absolute best expression of those particular blends. The RP Sungrown petite perfecto is another of my favorites, as is the AF Hemmingway Short Story.

As far as flavor being similar between the small and large ring gauges, it pretty much varies with the blend, to me. The nugget, for example, is NOTHING like the bigger vitolas in the line to my palate! The bigger guys are bland and tasteless - the PC is creamy/nutty/toasty and pretty flavorful for a mild cigar.

Apologies for the novel!Smile