Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut or punch poll
So I was thinking the other day and was like hey, I wonder what is actually the right way to smoke a stick. I mean, in highschool when I smoked prepackaged dog rockets, I used to take a wooden match and put a hole in the end. Long time ago. Now I cut all my sticks. Here's the question. Which is better or is this not a real question? Any benefits either way? Like for instance, does it affect taste or strength? You know. Just curious. Love to here from you all.Big Grin
I use a punch on everything but torpedos and chisels. *shrug* I just prefer the draw of a punched cigar.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I've got a XiKar punch and a Palio. Both incredible. I use 'em as I feel like, so sometimes I go for one of them, while others I switch (unless it's a figurado).
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I use a punch on everything but torpedos and chisels. *shrug* I just prefer the draw of a punched cigar.

NANP™
[cigar]
Ditto....I used the punch for the longest time & then I switched to the Xikar. When the NUbs came out, I had to use the punch on them due to the size. Soon after, I found myself using the punch again on almost everything. I love the draw that you get. The only times I use my Xikar now is for torps & ring gauges that are too small for the punch.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Usually will use my Palio or Xicar cutter but occasionally will use a punch.

I have also been known to use my teeth.Wink
I normally run aobut 50/50 between punch/cut. Depends on what I can find at the time (I really need to clean out the man-cave).
Depends on the stick and how I'm feeling... I'll use both my palio and my punch quite a bit...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
More often than not I cut but if a cigar feels like it is loosely rolled I will punch first and then cut if needed. I will say that if in doubt it is always safe to punch first because if it doesn’t work out you can always cut later unless you are talking about a V cut, then that is a whole other thing…..lol
punch

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Cut below 50RG, Punch above!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool