Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God of Fire 2006 Don Carlos Robustos
BuddhaBill Wrote:YUM!! It was the Don Carlo that I got at Casa Fuente ...And it was Phenomenal !! I need to pick up some more .That actually what I told the wife I want for christmas. Its in my top 5 favorite .

[Image: Kool-AidMan.jpg]

Big Kool Aid Man "Oh, yeaahh" for BuddhaBill and the God of Fire Don Carlos.
Mark Wrote:
JackSchwartzImporter Wrote:
burn-slow Wrote:I picked up some of the carlitos because I heard they're more of a full bodied smoke than the don carlos.  I guess I'll have to get a few of these to make the comparison for myself.

I've heard a lot of folks say the Carlitos are stronger than the Don Carlos.  The Carlitos have a Cameroon wrapper and the Don Carlos is Ecuadorian.  Just by that I would think the Don Carlos should have a little more pop.  I might have to try a little back-to-back test drive on both just to find out.  I'll report back with my findings.

Eric

Eric,

Being the team player that I am, I would be more that willing to take one for the team and do that comparison for you.

TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Wouldn't that really be taking 2? Tongue Big Grin Wink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Wouldn't that really be taking 2? Tongue Big Grin Wink
Hey, like I said, I'm a team player! Cool
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I should get them tomorrow, and I'm planning to let them age for 2 weeks, then smoke one.  After that, they will age until Thanksgiving day, the I'll smoke one and give one to my dad, that will leave me 2 to let sit and age.  I'm hoping to get one year of age on one, and two on the other, and compare the smokes.  I keep notes of smokes I age, so, I'll update as they come.  Oh yeah, I'll be taking some sexy pics of these beautiful sticks when they arrive, so Wednesday or Thursday there should be some good P0RN on the Stogiechat web.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Ask Tank, Jimmy, RioFan, and the Kids how I felt about the GOF I smoked at the Vegas Herf Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin GREAT SMOKE!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:Ask Tank, Jimmy, RioFan, and the Kids how I felt about the GOF I smoked at the Vegas Herf Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin GREAT SMOKE!
Scott
Which blend did you smoke ?  I've heard different things about each blend, but the one common factor has been that the Carlito blends tend to be a bit spicier and fuller in body, while the Don Carlos blends tend to be a bit milder, with more of a nutty, leathery note to it.
I trust we will be seeing some reviews from these?
Good_Stogies_Mon Wrote:I trust we will be seeing some reviews from these?
Of course my friend.  I'm planning on letting them rest about a week of 2 before trying the first one.  I just got them last night, and they are gorgeous.  I'll be taking some pics tonight to post.  I had to take one out of the cello and have a whiff, and man, I almost chomp on the thing right there.
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:
Poriggity Wrote:Ask Tank, Jimmy, RioFan, and the Kids how I felt about the GOF I smoked at the Vegas Herf Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin GREAT SMOKE!
Scott
Which blend did you smoke ?  I've heard different things about each blend, but the one common factor has been that the Carlito blends tend to be a bit spicier and fuller in body, while the Don Carlos blends tend to be a bit milder, with more of a nutty, leathery note to it.

We smoked the 2006 Carlito Double Robusto.  Great stick.  But even better was the GOF 2005 Don Carlos.  We all agreem that it was tropical in flavor.  Hard to explain but WOW!  We committed the cardinal sin and passed it around like a doobie!