Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Crown Maximus
madurodave Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
bartok Wrote:I thought nothing of the Diamond Crown Maximus' that I've had.  They're just expensive cigars with a fancy lable, IMHO.  No complexity, no flavor.  Sure they burned well enough, but the vast majority of cigars burn just fine, so they get no points for that.

I agree!
I disagree!  Greaty cigars and smooth as silk!!
i like em too!
Man, reading all this gives me twitches to pull out one and smoke it.  Looks like it is an individual taste.  The price of these leads me to think it should be a good smoke but the jury is still out on this one.

Ok, someone nudge me and I will dig one of the two out I have and sit on my patio and fire it up.  What would go good with this stick, my favorite beverage is a local IPA but I could be all wet with that, help a guy out Wink
ktee Wrote:Man, reading all this gives me twitches to pull out one and smoke it.  Looks like it is an individual taste.  The price of these leads me to think it should be a good smoke but the jury is still out on this one.

Ok, someone nudge me and I will dig one of the two out I have and sit on my patio and fire it up.  What would go good with this stick, my favorite beverage is a local IPA but I could be all wet with that, help a guy out Wink
Personally I would vote for a light coffee, nothing to strong. This cigar is milder then my usual venue. Good flavors in my opinion, but can easily over powered. I nice single malt might work as well.

Thanks FH, not sure what a "light" coffee is, mine is black, is light a different color [lol]   The single malt is a great idea and once the bank free's up some of my assets might go down and purchase some.  I do have a new mixed Canadian  bourbon that could fill in so might  be inclined to try it.

Thanks again Smile

madurodave Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
bartok Wrote:I thought nothing of the Diamond Crown Maximus' that I've had.  They're just expensive cigars with a fancy lable, IMHO.  No complexity, no flavor.  Sure they burned well enough, but the vast majority of cigars burn just fine, so they get no points for that.

I agree!
I disagree!  Greaty cigars and smooth as silk!!

I should be more fair and fire up a second one.  My first was terrible and bitter.  I got a replacement when I mentioned it to my local guy but I believe the replacement came out of the same box. 

But the price?
The price is the thing that keeps me from giving them another shot.  I always consider it when I'm in my local B&M, but I can always get a Hemingway, a Don Carlos, or an Ashton VSG and know I won't be disappointed.
Then don't pay so much. They are on the CI auction all the time. I paid 189 for my box. I think they sell a little over 300.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I have to agree with liking these ....... I think I paid $200 for the box I have ...... from Florida of all paces, a good friend hooked me up this summer after we smoked one together at a BBQ before he went on vacation ........ I dont think I would pay a premium for them though, but they are a nice stick at the right price.

[smokin2]
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
bartok Wrote:The price is the thing that keeps me from giving them another shot.  I always consider it when I'm in my local B&M, but I can always get a Hemingway, a Don Carlos, or an Ashton VSG and know I won't be disappointed.
I'm with you on that. For their price there is so many other cigars I would buy. Padrons, Opus, VSG, ESG, LFD....ect. I like something with a little more kick.
There one of my favs but yes the price is a lil high
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!