Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer Can Chicken
Not A Nice Person Wrote:They sell little stands here with a place for the beer can. Slick. Gonna hafta give it a try on my grill and see how it works with a gas grill instead of a smoker.

NANP™
[cigar]

It works juuuuust fiiiine!  [pimp]

MMMMMMMmmmm beercan chicken!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Those do look good!!

Keith...how long did you keep them on? Did the birds have a pop up timer?

I cooked them at 225 degrees for 3.5 hours. I have a probe like this, it remotely gives the temp of the meat and has a programable alarm to let you know when it's done.

[Image: ps-aw131.jpg]
Keith, does that have two probes like the Maverick so you can do the food and the smoker temp?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
one of my favs.........best way to cook chicken IMO.
I couldn't find a pic of the one of the ones I have. One of them has two probes and one has one.
Mark Wrote:Keith, does that have two probes like the Maverick so you can do the food and the smoker temp?
I still haven't gotten a probe.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I've got the same smoker.  I love it, and I've done that recipe and everyone loved it.  That smoker is also great for smoking salmon.  I usually rub the salmon the night before and tightly wrap it in plastic wrap, then smoke it in the smoker, on top of a cedar plank for about 4 hours.  Awesome !!
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Man, that is some sweet looking chicken!  I haven't tried it yet but hear about it all the time, what type of smoker/cooker is that?