Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nub Connecticut 358
Well, I finally smoked one each of the cigars I treated myself to for my 29th birthday back in September.  I promised a review, here they are. 

Nub 358 Connecticut

Length :  3 3/4

Ring : 58

Wrapper : Connecticut

Filler and Binder :  Nicaraguan

The appearance of the cigar is quite nice.  A fat, stubby, almost perfectly smooth cigar with no wrapper flaws, and a nice triple cap head.  With such a large ring gauge, and a nice flat capped head, I decided I would start out with a nice 7 mm punch.  The Pre-light draw was nice and smooth, almost no noticeable effort.

The light went well, and we were off and running.  The initial bite was a little bit bitter on my palate, and after the initial rest, it smoothed out and became somewhat creamy and mild.  Halfway through I felt that the 7mm punch might have been to large.  The draw was almost too easy for my liking. 

The smoke volume was huge.  The smoke was very thick, i could almost chew the smoke.  I could discern notes of orange zest (I might be crazy, but I swear i tasted orange zest) and light notes of honey.  This was a very nice, almost sweet smoke to me.

The burnline was almost razor sharp, without ever having to touch it up at all.

I really liked this cigar.  I'm actually a bit surpised that I did cause lately I haven't been much of a connecticut wrapper fan.  Sam has done a nice job with this one, which of course with Oliva, what else would you expect.  As good as always.  I would highly recommend this smoke, nicely priced, and a good hour long smoke, or hour and a half if your the talkative type.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
i had my first Nub yesterday and I have HUGE complaint.  They are too f-in short!  it was such a good cigar too.  I wanted more and more, that is, until my fingers strated getting too hot.

dave
i had my first Nub yesterday and I have HUGE complaint.  They are too f-in short!  it was such a good cigar too.  I wanted more and more, that is, until my fingers strated getting too hot.

dave