Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are they now?
fishhound Wrote:
Mark Wrote:
JoeBob Wrote:In my opinion...

This hobby isn't very well suited to the internet bulletin board, long term.
Don't get me wrong, this and other forums are a GREAT place, the best place for many people, to get vital information and advice about humidors and cigars to try and all kinds of other things...

But after several years, how many times do you need to talk about your favorite cigar, or the "is it mold or plume" question?

I think people get a little burnt out, caught up in life, or just feel that there's nothing for them to see on the boards anymore. Luckily, many times they end up coming back and hanging out a while.

What SC offers that some don't, is that we have a very large percentage of guys that aren't just internet friends...they're real life friends that began here. We have here great friendships that eclipse the internet cigar world. We also stick around to blame Rob, drive across the country to surprise a herf, blow up buildings together on Xbox Live, fail miserably in fantasy football, and bomb the beejesus out of each other with crazy packages. There's a large group of guys on the east cost that met here and now hang out a lot. Same with a group in Tennessee.
I guess it's the difference between typing a message to CIGARMAN33, or having a conversation with Bob. The latter brings you back.

It's the people that don't make those connections that end up slipping away.

JoeBob, I couldnt have said it any better.  There are forums that you belong to that you just reply to faceless names, and then theres SC, where it's like Cheers, where everybody knows your name and as you said many of us are great friends in real life that go well beyond SC.

Also, we either need to get you out to the East Coast, or I need to get out to Ohio one of these days to partake in some football, drinking, and cigars with ya.
Ding! There it is in a nutshell.

Ok guys cello on or off? [lol]

That's right!  very well put, fellas.

Quick question.... beads or gel or foam?
Well said JoeBob!