Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not wanting to start another shaving thread, but...
So I am pretty bad about shaving regularly, and I am thinking that an electric may be the answer... the speed will defeat the laziness factor that I am fighting...

I have tried reading reviews online and such, but haven't really come up with much - Consumer Reports is a no go as we don't have an account (if anyone does and you can find the reviews and send me captures, I would be most appreciative!)

I have looked at everything up to a fancy self-cleaning braun at about $280

[Image: Braun_Pulsonic_System_9595_1.jpg]

Any advice, experiences, or opinions???

thanks!  [thumbsup]

WRONG THREAD!!!! [wow][help][baby][baby][baby][baby][baby][doh]SadSadSadSadSad

Big GrinBig Grin
I use a Bruan and am very happy with it. Takes a couple of weeks to get use to.
I have a Remington which I use every now & then. Not real happy with the skin irritation around the neck line.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Merkur baby !!

[Image: 93921487-65bf-d230-4c9d-2a5626a44198.jpg]

I can have a great shave in less than 3 minutes !!
In order to get close an electric makes thousands of tiny nicks on your face (especially around the neck area). I found the Norelco triple head razors to be the gentlest. Still they take some getting used to.

In order to adapt you must shave every day (not necessary once you fully adapt but if your beard gets too long it yanks the hairs out and this just plain hurts). At first you want to shave as lightly as possible. And use an after shave (I like just plain witch hazel-it closes the pores and can help to prevent that rash). You can skip a few days in the beginning. Once your face and beard adapts you can get as close and rough as you wish with no repercussions. I shave every day with my triple header and it's a snap. If I miss 2 days or more I use a blade to avoid the yanking syndrome.

Now, you can spend over $300 on a norelco, or as little as $75. I like the cheapies. No rechargable for me (I dont do a lot of shaving where there is no power outlet & the batteries is just one more source for failure). Let the heads be your guide.
When your shaving it truly helps if you do it after a shower or wet your face with warm water (not soaking wet, splash and dab dry). When you shave you should shave the way the hair grows. This will help with bumps, cuts and ingrown hairs.

Good luck picking a razor.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:In order to get close an electric makes thousands of tiny nicks on your face (especially around the neck area). I found the Norelco triple head razors to be the gentlest. Still they take some getting used to.

In order to adapt you must shave every day (not necessary once you fully adapt but if your beard gets too long it yanks the hairs out and this just plain hurts). At first you want to shave as lightly as possible. And use an after shave (I like just plain witch hazel-it closes the pores and can help to prevent that rash). You can skip a few days in the beginning. Once your face and beard adapts you can get as close and rough as you wish with no repercussions. I shave every day with my triple header and it's a snap. If I miss 2 days or more I use a blade to avoid the yanking syndrome.

Now, you can spend over $300 on a norelco, or as little as $75. I like the cheapies. No rechargable for me (I dont do a lot of shaving where there is no power outlet & the batteries is just one more source for failure). Let the heads be your guide.

Thanks for the info...   I used to use an electric back when I started shaving, and remember that is can be a little sensitive at first...    In doing some reading, it seems like the Norelco vs. Braun debate is like a Ford vs. Chevy debate...   I will probably shoot for something in the middle range to see how it works out for me...  

I do plan on using a blade if I end up skipping a couple of days, so that is not a problem - I just hope to get back to doing it nearly every day again...

We shall see...   :dude:

I have experimented with both electric and the blades.   The 4blade system gives you the closest shave.  The electrics suck if you have a couple of day's growth on.  I opted for electric just to touch up at the end of the day so when my wife wants to get  a little I don't give her wisker burn.   I have a Norelco 3 head system.
I don't see why one does not have to pay more than $80 either.