Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nubs
I've got to confess I'm really starting to like these as a go to.  I mean at first smoke they were nice but not different from the g's (and the old red cloth band o bolds Wink) that are my oliva staples (as well as the v of course and the old s.  well sh_t i am an oliva whore) imho.  But damn the more of these I go to around and around the more i'm starting to truly get it and appreciate them as a truly unique cigar smoking experience.  Forget the fact that this is probably one of the few connecticuts that I love but i'm also really really starting to love the cameroon wrapper.  

To bring it all full circle with Mr. Herklot's comment from Davidoff I was expecting too much the first go around.  I've loved Sammy to death since the first time we spoke and I love oliva products so i was dying to try them.  In the end my expectations outweighed the cigar.  If it didn't cure cancer and elimiinate the national debt it was a disappointment. 

Sunday I grabbed a bunch, a few bottles of water and headed out in the storm to the herfadome to smoke and watch football.  I truly paid no attention to the cigar.  Clipped, lit and watched the game and then blammo.  There it happened.  Like a freaking epiphany.  I just looked down at this cigar like it was the first set of breasts i'd ever seen up close and personal.  Just a complete and utter wow like a whole new world had been opened up to me.  Just wow.   There i sat yesterday going through connecticut after cameroon after habano after connecticut. 

Hey Mikey I GET IT!!!!!!!!!! [thumbsup]
I'm glad they work for you. I haven't had my divine intervention yet. I have had 6 and even one last night at BDubs and the flavor is just ok. The turn off for me is the ring size being real uncomfortable to me. That in itself kills the entire line for me and I think the cost is a tad over the top @ $150. I admire Sam and wish him the best in his young whirlewind life.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

T.    which ones have you tried? 

And did you see this? http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=13409&forum_id=5
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I have not had a bad one.  great cigars
$150 is a little high uncle t. 
yeah, they can be had at way better prices. i got my first box of habano 464t's just before they were released, and i think i paid a hair over 70 for it. but i love all of them. usually when i place an order for them, i buy 10 of each wrapper. i have a hard time making them last for any amout of time though, i think the estimates i read on smoking time were a bit generous.
scott81425 Wrote:yeah, they can be had at way better prices. i got my first box of habano 464t's just before they were released, and i think i paid a hair over 70 for it. but i love all of them. usually when i place an order for them, i buy 10 of each wrapper. i have a hard time making them last for any amout of time though, i think the estimates i read on smoking time were a bit generous.
Definately agree on that.  I'm a chimney so don't go by me but i was running in the neighborhood of 20 minutes give or take on the smaller connecticut to 45 minutes on the box pressed cameroon.
the one i had was 35 mins, and ive got a conn. waiting for me.  cant wait!

Nice avatar Rob...Denny Crane!
davidwys Wrote:the one i had was 35 mins, and ive got a conn. waiting for me.  cant wait!

Nice avatar Rob...Denny Crane!
a nice photo of colby and i at our last herf.  Wink
I can agree with Rob that I think the anticipation brought on by the hype made the first few of these i smoked seem somewhat disappointing.  The Cameroon I smoked at Thanksgiving was by far the best Nub experience I've had.  I will now happily smoke the Habano's and the Connecticut's and hope for the same.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!