Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto bailout
bailout

Attached Files Image(s)

Shutting up!  [cigar]
<~~~  Also not saying anything....
I thought it was funnySmile....thats all im saying [lol]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
LOL!
sergione Wrote:I thought it was funnySmile....thats all im saying [lol]
Not really all that funny to me. We as an country are screwed economically, Screwed by big business and our politicians. Yet I'm sure it will end up being the little guy who happens to belong to a union who will get the blame by many. As if the people working the line made the bad decisions. 

Many who bought American made cars in the mid seventies were screwed by these companies when they bought their lemons. Many of these people have switched to imports and never looked back. Funny how some Americans will never forgive the American car companies for making crap cars 1973-1984. However they will buy there cars from a country that bombed their own country. I never understood this.

All I want to know is if they actually get this bail out money, when should I as the tax payer expect to see my stock certificates of these companies.
fishhound Wrote:
Not really all that funny to me. We as an country are screwed economically, Screwed by big business and our politicians. Yet I'm sure it will end up being the little guy who happens to belong to a union who will get the blame by many. As if the people working the line made the bad decisions. 

Many who bought American made cars in the mid seventies were screwed by these companies when they bought their lemons. Many of these people have switched to imports and never looked back. Funny how some Americans will never forgive the American car companies for making crap cars 1973-1984. However they will buy there cars from a country that bombed their own country. I never understood this.

All I want to know is if they actually get this bail out money, when should I as the tax payer expect to see my stock certificates of these companies.

Imperial Japan under a Dictator bombed the U.S.   This was not the fault of the Japanese people  From the ashes of Hiroshima and Nagasaki came a free, democratic Japan with a free market.   Free markets are the people.  And I believe the Japanese to be good people.  And their free market made a better car than the U.S. 

Bad energy policy, federal standards, regulations and restrictions coupled with unsustainable union requirements did in GM.   I say let them go bankrupt, restructure, streamline, and they will get better.   The union is going to have to restructure salaries to that of nonunion members of Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. 

By giving them any bailout money is giving money to meet outragious union requirements and it supports a bad business model that is a failure.  

And remember, failure is an excellent learning tool.   GM failed because the union did not allow competitive free market wages.   And GM failed because the market did not support their offerings.   Subsidizing failure is not the answer.

oh boy.  here goes this section too.  Tongue

[Image: rodney_king.jpg]
US_Tank Wrote:
fishhound Wrote:

Imperial Japan under a Dictator bombed the U.S.   This was not the fault of the Japanese people  From the ashes of Hiroshima and Nagasaki came a free, democratic Japan with a free market.   Free markets are the people.  And I believe the Japanese to be good people.  And their free market made a better car than the U.S. 

Bad energy policy, federal standards, regulations and restrictions coupled with unsustainable union requirements did in GM.   I say let them go bankrupt, restructure, streamline, and they will get better.   The union is going to have to restructure salaries to that of nonunion members of Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. 

By giving them any bailout money is giving money to meet outragious union requirements and it supports a bad business model that is a failure.  

And remember, failure is an excellent learning tool.   GM failed because the union did not allow competitive free market wages.   And GM failed because the market did not support their offerings.   Subsidizing failure is not the answer.

No fight. I agree with Daryn. Why should the american people fork the bill for failed business choises. Even after the bailout, are we as consumers being asked to not buy the best product for the lowest price? Not a free market then. Maybe they shouldn't have killed the electric car...

Attached Files Image(s)

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Never a fight Sergio.  Right or wrong its just what I believe!  But hey, my brain is frozen!  [lol]