Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop question....help?
I have an old lap top that I haven't used in about 9 months or so.....I've started it up to let my 8 year old use it.

However, it has lost the date & time settings...no problem to enter it.....except that it appears that some of the # keys & letter keys don't work. I thought this happened to someone else (maybe it was Jimmie?) & it was just some sort of setting....does anyone know?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
the date/time is because of a small internal battery used to keep the clock running ran out. Not having a charged battery in there caused this.

I'm thinking the keys are dead cause of dust and lack of use (oxidation in the membrane). Laptops are weird otherwise I'd tell you how to open it up and clean it up...
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:the date/time is because of a small internal battery used to keep the clock running ran out. Not having a charged battery in there caused this.

I'm thinking the keys are dead cause of dust and lack of use (oxidation in the membrane). Laptops are weird otherwise I'd tell you how to open it up and clean it up...
[thumbsup] That pretty much sums it up. You can try and get some air dusters to try and knock off some of the dirt and dust.
BaileyCAO Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:the date/time is because of a small internal battery used to keep the clock running ran out. Not having a charged battery in there caused this.

[thumbsup] That pretty much sums it up. You can try and get some air dusters to try and knock off some of the dirt and dust.
Thanks guys...I'll give that a shot! Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles