Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUABA DIVINOS
[Image: Cuabalogo.JPG]

Cuaba was officially launched by Habanos president Francisco Linares on November 19th, 1996 at Claridge's Hotel in London, Great Britain, as an all-perfecto line of cigars. The brand was launched in an attempt to revive figurados, which had initially been very popular in the early 20th century but had declined since about the 1950's. Read more here:

A Habanos Niche brand with a minor market share. Medium to Full strength Perfecto shaped cigars, using tobacco from the premium Vuelta Abajo region. The indian term "Cuaba" became synonymous of incomparable pleasure.

[Image: Cuaba_Divinos_full.jpg]

Petit Bouquet

43 x 101 (4.0") 

I first tried this petit perfecto after breakfast at Docs Herf and wanted to revisit it at a time when my palate wasn't overwhelmed by all the cigars I had smoked that weekend. This is a small cigar, perfect little smoke for the Winter months when time and comfort can be an issue, not that I suffer from it here but it can be an issue in other parts. I'm not a huge fan of the marca, perhaps because some others I've tried in the line up were such disappointments (Distinguidos and Generosos) but along with the recently released Piramides LE this is a cigar deserving of some accolades.

Presented in a double layered box of 25 with beautiful images this little gem packs a lot of flavor, after a precise punch cut I paired mine with some Cafe con Leche and was very pleased with the results and length of time was was kept entertained.  Much longer than I would have imagined given its small size.

The wrapper is medium to light chocolate brown with beautiful construction. The initial draw is somewhat tight given the shape but once the small tip burns through it opens up and I could not complain of the draw or the perfect ash that formed. Not until the very end did it require a re-light.

[Image: IMG_0387.jpg?t=1231021823]

This picture pretty much sums up the size of this Lil' Fire Cracker and for what it lacks in terms of stature it certainly delivers in flavor: Rich, spicy, earthy and leathery tobacco with a hint of floral sweetness that makes this an unique experience. It is difficult for a cigar of this size to offer complexity or to display changes as it burns through and frankly I don't mind when the ingredients mash so well together despite of its youth. I look forward to revisiting it and can only imagine what some 3 years of resting time will do to round up the flavors. At the end it made me dig for a paper clip to preserve my fingers. If you're short on time or open to a different experience a Cuaba Divino will not disappoint.

I like it. Cool

Thanks for the review - I like these a lot!

Looks like something I'll have to try! I really like the smaller sizes during this time of year.

Thanks for the review! Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thanks for the review i'll have to try one
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!