Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidor or Coolidor?
Hey Stogie Chat!

For those that have read my threads i am fairly new to the cigar world. I am starting to realize that i will be running out of room in my tupperware humidor. Wondering if i should invest in a large humi (100-200) count, or build a coolidor? Thanks for any advice.
If you will be buying more boxes, then go with a cooler....but if singles is what you buy a nice 100 ct humi will do.

However, if you stick around with us long enough you will soon need more room so spring for the cooler, save some cash, and then buy more boxes[thumbsup][cigar]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Heck, buy a nice foot locker style humidor from bargainhumidors.com!  I used one (300ct) for years!

Or, a simple cooler is just fine.  Get some beads for it heartfeltindustries.com and you are good to go. 
I have a 300 count wood humidor that I smoke out of and a vinodor (essentially a cooler with a built in cooling unit) that I use to store boxes in. This works out well for me. It seems that my cigars smoke better out of the wood humidor. So I guess it all comes down to what works for you. Like Sergio said if you plan to buy singles for a while a wood humidor may be best for you at this point. Get what ever size you want but most will agree go bigger than you think you need. If you are planing to stock up on boxes then a cooler may be what you need now but I still think a traditional humidor is a good idea at some point in time. Dave is spot on with the beads, they work great no mater what type of storage you chose. Hope this helps!
your first humidor is a source of pleasure. Get one. Just know that whatever you get will be retired eventually as inevitably you outgrow it.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:your first humidor is a source of pleasure. Get one. Just know that whatever you get will be retired eventually as inevitably you outgrow it.
I agree with the skip on this one.[smokin2]

You could just jump right in and start off with a big coolerdor and bypass outgrowing your small humidor.