Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think this is real? (search yeilded nothing)
Those guys don't really seem to know what's going on.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the cigars were in fact clear cubans and
even possibly mixed filler smoke. It's kind of cheesy questioning them but they seem to be kind unaware. 
I have a few boxes of Cubans from the forties and fifties and they did not have any cellos on them. Hmm..
Ruggy Wrote:I have a few boxes of Cubans from the forties and fifties and they did not have any cellos on them. Hmm..
Wow! That's cool. Do you have photos of them on this site?
I'd really like to see them.
I had this 1960 Monte late last year that had cello. Quite yellow and seemed thicker that today's cello wraps. It tasted OK, except a little like a New England dirt cellar.

Attached Files Image(s)

[user=1574]Wes Mantooth[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Ruggy Wrote:I have a few boxes of Cubans from the forties and fifties and they did not have any cellos on them. Hmm..

I posted pics of them in Cigar P0RN back in 2006 I think.
[user=1466]crowb8[/user] wrote:
Quote:I had this 1960 Monte late last year that had cello. Quite yellow and seemed thicker that today's cello wraps. It tasted OK, except a little like a New England dirt cellar.

I've never seen any Cuban Monte in cello. Were they machine made?
It was rolled.
Ruggy Wrote:[user=1574]Wes Mantooth[/user] wrote:
Quote:

I posted pics of them in Cigar P0RN back in 2006 I think.
Cool. I don't think I gut this locked down enough to try and find it but thanks for the effort.
crowb8 Wrote:I had this 1960 Monte late last year that had cello. Quite yellow and seemed thicker that today's cello wraps. It tasted OK, except a little like a New England dirt cellar.
That thing looks awesome.
Here's some more photos of the 1960 Montecristo with and without it's cello.

Attached Files Image(s)