Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Fest - May 2, 2009
Anyone going?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigarfest/index.asp

I went to this last year... This is a show of shows. Although through a single store, it is one of the or possibly the largest cigar store in the world. Manufacturers take this seriously sending their reps and CEO's manning booths and giving out cigars by the thousands. Like a football game, people begin to arrive many hours before the show starts and have tailgating parties. Once the doors open it's mayhem.

Check out these vids

http://video.aol.com/video-search/query/sim:2350224260/skin/television

[Image: 0504_043.jpg]

no one here is going to this?

I'm surprised
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:no one here is going to this?

I'm surprised
Skip, the way they do their ticket sales really was off putting to me.  Last year they sent a secret email to those they deemed good enough and sold out that way.  There was a secondary market that was neither fair nor necessary if they would've just said, "tickets go on sale this day".  This year, while I was privy to the info I just found it hard to consider making this trip even though it looks like a great time.  I know this is the superbowl of herfs to the C-bid guys! 

Are you working the Nub booth?
i understand, but the demand is about 7 times the number of tickets. They are just trying to reward their loyal customers and do what's right for the rest.

As it is, they let in at least twice as many as they should. It is cigar mayhem!
I'd love to go, but seeing as I had no idea about this, and got no secret e-mails, i must not be worthy.  Hope any that do go have a great time, it looks like a great event.  Skipper, are you manning the Nub booth ?
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Looks damn fun but nope!
I buy a good amount from them. They never sent me a "special" invite. Now, they are up for auction in a secondary market. 300.00 for a ticket. Err, just wait for CigarMag's or CigarAffs event.
i've been to many many events. THis one is quite unique. It's the people actually. Like I said, the tailgating parties and everything...
I won't be going. I don't care too much for the host of this event.
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:I'd love to go, but seeing as I had no idea about this, and got no secret e-mails, i must not be worthy.
+1