Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer and Cigars
I've been brewing all grain now for about 4 years now.  Any other stogiechatters moonlight as brewmasters?

I've got a nice easy going northern english brown drinking well right now, and will crack open a slightly hoppy and chocolate american brown this sunday.

What beers do you find go best with cigars? 
I don't brew myself, but you should find this thread interesting.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/vi...orum_id=13

I like all beers with cigars myself.  Especially a porter or stout.
I don't brew either, but I love a strong beer like Heineken with a cigar.......the stronger the better IMO
Im not a big fan to be honest. I like IPAs and the really hoppy brews just get too mild with the cigar, and the cigar gets milder as well.
I havn't brewed beer yet but it is on my to do list prolly this summer.  Me and a buddy make our own wine.  We started a 5 gallon batch last night and have some sweet sounding reciepes to try still.
I have done it on the novice level but will continue on the Golden Path because brewing is just so soo sooo awesome. No where near the likes of what LC, Mark PO AND BUNGALOW BILL.....BUT Im trying.If I could make my own stogies I would do that 2....ahh Flor de Ano[lol]

I tend to have beers after the cigars or before, and durring.....hahaha. Heck, I have beer with breakfast and desert. [thumbsup]It goes well with anything for me.

Check out that Homebrew thread....just beautiful
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
There used to be a place here in Buffalo (in Orchard Park to be specific) called Lager Heads where you could brew your own beer using their equipment.  It was the coolest thing ever.  You go in and pick a recipe and brew it, then they take care of the rest.  In a couple weeks you go back to bottle it.  It was awesome, but they closed. Sad

Maybe someday I'll try brewing my own, but I sure wish that place was still open.

Oh, and definitely dark and/or strong beers with cigars.  No lights or mass-produced swill.
BuffaloBill Wrote:There used to be a place here in Buffalo (in Orchard Park to be specific) called Lager Heads where you could brew your own beer using their equipment.  It was the coolest thing ever.  You go in and pick a recipe and brew it, then they take care of the rest.  In a couple weeks you go back to bottle it.  It was awesome, but they closed. Sad

Maybe someday I'll try brewing my own, but I sure wish that place was still open.

Oh, and definitely dark and/or strong beers with cigars.  No lights or mass-produced swill.

There is a place like that in NH called Incredibrew, its awesome.

www.incredibrew.com 
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
The link you posted is a little wonky, this one works better:
http://www.incredibrew.com/beer.shtml

That is EXACTLY how Lager Heads used to work.  Damn, I miss that place.