Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matches vs Butane vs Liquid lighters
Don't know if this has been posted already but worth a shot.

I have heard that the way you light your cigar and what with can actually change the taste of your cigar immidately. I have noticed it myself between liquid and matches. Me i prefer matches. And of course how you light it. I have seen some people trash good cigars by lighting the cigar to close to the flame it looks like they are smoking cigarettes and they don't rotate it for an even burn. What ya'll think?
butane torch
butane soft flame
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
ashman Wrote:butane torch
I like the torch too so +1
Robbie Wrote:butane soft flame
+1 [thumbsup]
I have used all three, with no real discernible difference.  I guess I might buck the trend eh?
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
What? nobody uses ceder strips anymore? LMFAO!!! Just light the damn thing and smoke it,it's a cigar for crissake.[doh][rob]
Butane torch lighter.

Some of the cheapest, best-performing cigar lighters are actually creme brulee torches. You can get them on Amazon.com very reasonably. They hold a ton of butane, and work very well for our purposes.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I use a butane torch mainly because it's the easiest way to get my cigar lit. I've used wooden matches, and I liked using them, but I had to get up out of my swing and go over next to my house so the breeze wouldn't blow the flame around. I've used cedar spills with the same results. I didn't notice any difference in the taste of the cigar no matter which method I used to light up.

However, there are those out there whose opinions indicate using a cedar spill is the only way, second to wooden matches. Old timer's I think, who smoked indoors mostly without the breeze problem. And they thought that lighter fluid and butane would taint the taste of a cigar.

I continue to experiment with all three methods.
i use my butane torch almost exclusively. when i don't have it handy, i'll borrow a bic. i've never noticed any taste difference in a cigar, regardless of which method used to light the cigar.