Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Opus X
vasypher Wrote:[user=64]Tonto The Long Island Sidekick[/user] wrote:
Quote:Opus X has never really impressed me either...what I've tried have been relatively fresh. I have a couple with a little age that are resting. I'll try them after a little longer nap.

In the meantime....Litto,,,,,Cool

Litto? as in Gomez?

I just put my first LFD double ligero in my humi. hoping to check it out soon too.

Yep,  I especially love the Cornado by La Flor, LG small batch, the Solomones is superb but expensive, but well worth it. 
[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:The God of Fire is already adequately aged.   Pull it out and smoke it when you have one hour of absolutely nothing to do but smoke it and enjoy it.   They are truly great cigars.

Very cool Tank. Will do. Really lookin' forward to that one.
Quote:Yep,  I especially love the Cornado by La Flor, LG small batch, the Solomones is superb but expensive, but well worth it. 

Great suggestions. I'm makin' notes as I type and heading to my local B&M this Friday to see what I can find.

Thanks!
The Cornado by La Flor was the #2 cigar of the year a couple of years ago and I would agree.   And its reasonable in price.

The Solomones is about $20 some dollars depending on the tax but its bliss.   The flavor is everchanging but its almost like eating a whole cheesecake.   Almost too much of a good thing but you won't be sorry.
Quote:The Cornado by La Flor was the #2 cigar of the year a couple of years ago and I would agree.   And its reasonable in price.

The Solomones is about $20 some dollars depending on the tax but its bliss.   The flavor is everchanging but its almost like eating a whole cheesecake.   Almost too much of a good thing but you won't be sorry.

LOL, great descriptors. I'm gonna call around and track one of these suckers down. Someone in L.A. has to carry the Solomones I'm sure.
vasypher Wrote:[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:The Cornado by La Flor was the #2 cigar of the year a couple of years ago and I would agree.   And its reasonable in price.

LOL, great descriptors. I'm gonna call around and track one of these suckers down. Someone in L.A. has to carry the Solomones I'm sure.

CA?  You will spend $30something for the Solomones.   But still worth trying.
I have had some #4's that didn't stay lit no matter what,and they were 8 years old.Confusedhock:

That said, I love em' the only Fuente smoke I will buy. [rob]
Quote: 
CA?  You will spend $30something for the Solomones.   But still worth trying.

Wow! pricey.
Bluesman455 Wrote:That said, I love em' the only Fuente smoke I will buy. [rob]
Too bad they don't have them at the Rez, right Don?

I agree with this.  I just love them and the GOFs.  You boys can fight over the other Fuente stuff.  Not that their cigars are bad, they jut don't do anything for me.  That includes the Don Carlos line, the Hemmingways, and all that stuff. 

For the same money (or less) make mine a Padron.
vasypher Wrote:[user=1621]BoliSmoker[/user] wrote:
Quote:To be honest though I am not a big fan of Fuente products in any of their various forms

Not the Hemingway series either huh?

I swear.  Its not to say that they're not any good.  I can see why others would like Fuentes.  Construction wise and so forth.  I just have always found them lacking in the flavor department.  I'm not a big fan of tobacco from DR though, and don't often enjoy any smokes from this region.