Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sure...
So I get a call from my Brother last night. He is an EMT here in Ga. Seems he has decided to take a job with the Govt. for a year. He will be headed to Mosul Iraq in a couple of weeks to work in a clinic on an Army base with the 101st... At first I thought he must be kidding... Nope, he's going... To give you a little background on him his first post was with a mech. inf. unit at the Fulda gap before the wall fell. He was one of the youngist Capt's in the Army back during Desert Storm with the 24th Inf Div. He got out and became an ordained minister in the Metodist Church. He decided to go back into the military as a chaplain, the Army wouldn't take him due to his reserve rank being a Major at that time. So he went Navy, who backed him down to O-3 LT. He was assigned to a Marine unit for the whole time he was in... He got back out and became an EMT (actually he was almost cert. before he went in, had done the EMT/Fireman part time while a Preacher). He's been doing EMT work for several years now... The $ being offered has a lot to do with his taking this job... I just don't know if I like the thought of him being over there these days... I know he can take care of himself if need be, but needless to say I'm still more than a little worried...

Anyway, enough of my rambling... :?
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"

I can empathize with you.  Dave and I have a brother who is about to go to Afghanistan.  He is an airplane mechanic, and will be stationed at Kabul Intl.

Your brother is going into a nasty situation.  About all we can do is keep our fingers crossed and pray that our brothers find their way back home unharmed....:?

Keep us posted

Your brothers are brave people.

Yes keep us posted and make sure you try to spend time with them.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Yep.  Tough deal.  Smokeys bro is my bro, you know. 
Wow, he sounds like a very talented and intelligent individual.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I'm worried about our boys too, moreso with the current political climate.  However, I'd have to think that a Minister has a little extra looking out for him.  Prayers sent.  Smile
I'll keep your brother in my thoughts and prayers and hope he returns home safe and sound. Godspeed.