Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Cobre, with 1.5 yrs on it
My first fresh one last year was a doozie!   Now that my palate is a little more refined I would like to try one!   But I have a few aged one's in my humi and I a ready to re-visit again!
davidwys Wrote:Nice review

I have a couple from my original box split back in oct or nov. It mellowed out a tad, but i dont think the age made them THAT much better. However, I have had a lot more cigars since I had my first El Cobre so I will come back. I plan to let one age for quite some time just to get an idea of what age does to them.
I think what you'll find (or at least what I seem to notice) is that whereas the fresh ones are very peppery and like to kick you in the face the aged sticks (1+ years) teand to me more of a refined sweet heat.  Like when you eat something and you know it's peppery but it doesn't hit you until after the initial blast of flavors.  The leathery sweetness seems to take the front of the stage in the aged sticks I've smoked and I like that flavor profile much better.  They don't lose any of their overall strength but they do seem to really come together in the flavor department.
[user=84]macallan2[/user] wrote:
Quote:
davidwys Wrote:Nice review

I have a couple from my original box split back in oct or nov. It mellowed out a tad, but i dont think the age made them THAT much better. However, I have had a lot more cigars since I had my first El Cobre so I will come back. I plan to let one age for quite some time just to get an idea of what age does to them.
I think what you'll find (or at least what I seem to notice) is that whereas the fresh ones are very peppery and like to kick you in the face the aged sticks (1+ years) teand to me more of a refined sweet heat.  Like when you eat something and you know it's peppery but it doesn't hit you until after the initial blast of flavors.  The leathery sweetness seems to take the front of the stage in the aged sticks I've smoked and I like that flavor profile much better.  They don't lose any of their overall strength but they do seem to really come together in the flavor department.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! Ill be looking forward to that. Ill probably save one for my one year anniversary at SC, and the other maybe ill have around xmas to get a feel for how they age.

Im really looking forward to seeing them in their "prime". Thanks Gunnar!
LOVE THESE.

Skip got me hooked, and one of my most prized sticks is an original Bruce Lee, from LZ6 ........ straight out of the mans top pocket when they were made for him alone.

Hmmmmmm

This gives me an idea.

Watch this space.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster Wrote:LOVE THESE.

Skip got me hooked, and one of my most prized sticks is an original Bruce Lee, from LZ6 ........ straight out of the mans top pocket when they were made for him alone.

Hmmmmmm

This gives me an idea.

Watch this space.
Parkster, that sounds like one hell of a stick if it's prized that highly by you !!!!

Can't wait to hear about it. [thumbsup]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!