Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at a new car
In order to do my part and stimulate the economy, we are seriously considering buying this.

It's a 2009 Acura MDX.  Our plans are to buy a boat next summer and we need this to pull it.  This will be an upgrade from madurosandi's 2006 TL.  And she will be driving this full time.  Any of you have one of these? 

[Image: 2009_MDX_White.jpg]
I don't have one...although we were looking at one before the girls were born....but then opted to get this:

ML 350 - very comparable to the MDX and the new body looks great compared to the old style which sucked.

[Image: lg_2009_mercedes_benz_m_class_0_430.jpg]

THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:I don't have one...although we were looking at one before the girls were born....but then opted to get this:

ML 350 - very comparable to the MDX and the new body looks great compared to the old style which sucked.

thats a bad a$$ crossover right there!  what is the hp?  beautiful.
Maduro PiPs Wrote:I don't have one...although we were looking at one before the girls were born....but then opted to get this:

no wonder Robs little boy thinks your the money manTongue
madurodave Wrote:In order to do my part and stimulate the economy, we are seriously considering buying this.

It's a 2009 Acura MDX.  Our plans are to buy a boat next summer and we need this to pull it.  This will be an upgrade from madurosandi's 2006 TL.  And she will be driving this full time.  Any of you have one of these? 

[Image: 2009_MDX_White.jpg]

The MDX is pretty cool.  [thumbsup]
The front end on those MDX's look like a boat to me. [doh]

[Image: escape.gif]
Bluesman455 Wrote:The front end on those MDX's look like a boat to me. [doh]

[Image: escape.gif]

they do...so does her TL. 

looks tough to me too though
Is that the same chassis/powertrain as the Honda Pilot?

Gotta agree with Rob, that new MB ML 350 is badazz. WAY out of my reach, though.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Is that the same chassis/powertrain as the Honda Pilot?

Gotta agree with Rob, that new MB ML 350 is badazz. WAY out of my reach, though.

NANP™
[cigar]
I have to save up......just to buy the Matchbox version! Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I don't have one myself but thought about the MDX before I bought my Disco.  One of my old bosses' wife drives one and it's great!  Very nicely appointed, good GPS, great feeling in the cabin for both space and ride.  It's Japanese so you know all that.  I guess I wouldn't think of it as being a good choice for towing any boat besides a baby jet boat or a little fishing boat but I do know my old bosses' wife does do some off roading in the AZ desert with it so I guess you could. 

Get a Land Rover LR3 and thank me later!  Sure, it'll cost you more upfront, in maintenance and upkeep, and gas but it's a Land Rover!Tongue  I hate those mercedes!  F'ing ugly trucks if you ask me.  I just can't wrap my head around any of these trucks being good for anything other than heavy duty commuting!