Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOB the Builder callled..............
Very nice!  My dad and I worked on a modular home a couple years back, very interesting process.  Lemme tell you it's a pain having to bring down all the bracing after the home is set in place!!

-Lucas
Very nice.  Those are some very nice looking wood floors.

We have looked at a few, once I find the right piece of property I think we will be getting one of the ones that look like a log cabin.  Its funny how people still think of these as a mobile home.  They have come a long way, most are bult better than a site built home.  A friend of mine was having one delivered, and in a very high wind the truck tipped over.  They took the section back to the shop, and all they needed to do was replace the gutter.  Amazing.
I like smoking lightning
Modular homes are the way to go, IMHO.. My parents paid about half what we did for our stick built house, and their house is BETTER quality, and about 1000 sq feet bigger.  Very nice.
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:Modular homes are the way to go, IMHO.. My parents paid about half what we did for our stick built house, and their house is BETTER quality, and about 1000 sq feet bigger.  Very nice.
Scott

Absolutely! Modular homes are put together in controlled conditions, indoors probably, where you have better control that you could ever have on site. No more "go for's", everything is always there and there when you need it. No weather delays (what a blessing - no wet framing that can later twist on you) and transportation costs have to be less. Just think of all the left over crap that you have to get rid of after building a house on site. What about items you get on site that don't fit once you get them, like doors and windows, etc. They all have to be trucked back and others brought out to the site. Modular has got to be more cost efficient. Nowadays, to look at them, you can't tell whether they're built on or off site. Hooray for progress!

Now, let's see some photos of the outside once it's put together and shined up.
Looks very nice! Cool

And what can you say about a nice wood floor? Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles