Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
padron 40th vs 80th
My local B&M has both and I was thinking about making one of these my bday cigar.  I know it's only a difference of a few dollars but what do you guys think, will the 80th just completely blow me away or would I enjoy the 40th just as much?  I was talkin to a guy not much older than I am (23 or 24) who said all he smokes are the 80ths because they are that good Confusedhock:  (in fact he was smoking one at the time) Wonder if he won the lottery...if not I'll have to ask him what kinda job he got right outta college!  Thanks for the input.

-Lucas
I've had both several times, and prefer the 80th by a significant margin---which is not to say the 40th isn't a spectacular cigar, because it definitely is.

It's just that the 80th is in a class by itself among Padrons. I think it's the shape as much as the blend.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I've had both several times, and prefer the 80th by a significant margin---which is not to say the 40th isn't a spectacular cigar, because it definitely is.

It's just that the 80th is in a class by itself among Padrons. I think it's the shape as much as the blend.

NANP™
[cigar]
I agree.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
For a birthday - smoke the 80th - no doubt
Not A Nice Person Wrote:I've had both several times, and prefer the 80th by a significant margin---which is not to say the 40th isn't a spectacular cigar, because it definitely is.

NANP™
[cigar]
Last year the 80th was my Birthday smoke, Wedding Anniversary smoke, and New Years party smoke.  I agree with NANP all the way [thumbsup]

Oh, yeah, I smoked the Maduro, I like them just a smidge better than the Nats
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:

NANP™
[cigar]
I agree.

I couldn't agree more with the Mum since he was the one that got me hooked on them.Wink
I gotta go against the grain here.  I didnt like the 80th at all!  The 40th however, is an absolutely amazing cigar.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:I gotta go against the grain here.  I didnt like the 80th at all!  The 40th however, is an absolutely amazing cigar.

The 80th maduro did  not impress me for the price.  But the 80th natural is awesome!

Skipper bought Mum and me a 40th in the heart of NYC last summer and we smoked it at Battery Park while watching the scenery and the Statue of Liberty!   I loved the 40th and this thread has made me realize its time to revisit this smoke again!