Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my week of fun
Well my friends, I am on vacation.  It actually started on Friday morning when I got home from work.  10 days of r+r.  I thought I would follow BigE's lead and share my adventures.   I had some friends over for a little back yard BBQ on saturday. 

Started the evening with a Saint Luis Rey reserva especial while I got the grill going.  It went well with the Black Dog Ale I was drinking.  Threw on the Brats and Burgers and kicked back. 

After we ate and let it settle a bit, I had a Macanudo 1968.  This brought me into the night. 

As we moved into the garage, I had to set up a box fan in the window, I was on a mission.  I brought out a 601 red.  The first one of these I had was plugged, so I had high hopes.  No disapointment this time. 

At about 3 am, after many beers, I grabbed a CAO mx2.  This is a cigar that I like, but it is also one I dont mind smoking at 3 am when my pallet is inebriated.  I gave one to a buddy while we played yet another game of darts.  Everyone else was down for the count by now.  The problem with working graveyard is even if I am up all day, I still feel like I should be up all night.  At about 5 am, my dart foe had to call it quits, just then my old ladys brother woke up, so the game continued.

I switched to Copenhagen long cut because the house was starting to stink a bit.  I finally hit the hay at about 8 am, after a great breakfast out with some friends.  Not a bad beginning to the vacation.  I will be documenting things with the camera from here on out, so tune in.
I like smoking lightning
[thumbsup]  sounds like fun! 
Gotta love vacation!
Been on vacation for 3 years now. I need a break..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
A good start Carl, hope you get out in the sun before the rains come back this weekend..
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
carl609 Wrote:I switched to Copenhagen long cut
I thought I was the only one... [doh]
Mark71GTX Wrote:
carl609 Wrote:I switched to Copenhagen long cut
I thought I was the only one... [doh]
You aren't!  I'm known to enjoy a pinch every now and then, although my main vice is beer and cigars Smile
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I enjoy a chew now and then, its what I do when I find myself wanting a cigarette.  Havent had one in three months.  I know chewing isnt a good alternative, but whatever it takes right.  Cigars dont count.

And I did get out in the sun.  I was on the back patio for hours today.  Got burnt to sh!t.  My Norwegian complexion does not tan so well.  Still a good day.  I must have had six cigars.
I like smoking lightning
Good to meet a fellow marathon partier.  Excellent start to a vacation, man! [thumbsup]
After a nice walk around the lake today, I was getting a bit hungry.

Redhook Brats, boiled in PBR

[Image: 362130695.jpg]

The old grill has become the staging area.

[Image: 362130896.jpg]

A Black Dog Ale and a Padron while I wait.

[Image: 362130829.jpg]

Looking good, some onions going in the tray.[Image: 362131252.jpg]

Nothing like some Ray Charles to keep you mellow[Image: 362131050.jpg]

Good eats.  My kind of day.[Image: 362131603.jpg]

I guess the dog was tired from watching me relax

[Image: 362131874.jpg]

My beer needed a coat, and I needed a cigar.  Don Diego Playboy, not bad at all[Image: 362131736.jpg]

Cap off the afternoon with some dominoes with the old lady, and a Fumidor I got from Holt.  And of course another clothed beer. [Image: 362132360.jpg]

What a nice afternoon.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring.
I like smoking lightning