Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Oliva Monticello
Has anyone ever tried the Oliva Monticello? If so is it worth the extra money over the Oliva Melanio's? Some one recommend I should try them but I can one find one website that sells them. Singles are $20 each and a box of 20 is $260. Just seems really steep to me.
No doubt, it’s a nice smoke but not worth buying a single at $22 bucks. You can get a box of Churchhills for $150 or Toro for $145 at Holts. 
Personally, I prefer the Melanios.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(05-19-2023, 07:52 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: No doubt, it’s a nice smoke but not worth buying a single at $22 bucks. You can get a box of Churchhills for $150 or Toro for $145 at Holts. 
Personally, I prefer the Melanios.

Ya holt's is the only place I could find them at and that cigar is not made in any of my preferd sizes. I was going to go with the Robusto. But at $260 that's a little much. I guess i could give the Churchill a try and if i dont smoke it all it would still be cheaper.    Huh I have to thi k about it.
If I had one I would send to you but it's a stogie not many people own.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(05-19-2023, 08:56 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: If I had one I would send to you but it's a stogie not many people own.

It's good with there only being one place that sells them and the price I am not surprised not many people have them. Which also makes me kinda skeptical if there that good.
I love Oliva...but I'm cheap...err...thrifty.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy it, but I won't spend $20 for a cigar. 

A lot of great cigars around for 1/2 that price.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I'm kind of a mix of the opinions expressed thus far. First off, I have not tried it.

I differ in opinion with several here in that I have had quality issues with Oliva cigars in the past and the only line that I really can say that I like from them is the Melanio. It is pretty much a regular everyday cheaper cigar that is generally consistent. The others, by and large, have left me flat.

I would spend and have spent $20+ on a cigar, but I wouldn't spend $20 on an Oliva cigar.

TBH, if you really want to try one, I would kick in the $20 to try a single one time. I've done that with lines I want to check out and sometimes they are great (and I kick myself for really liking $20 cigars), and sometimes they are s*it and a waste of coin.

Since it looks to be store exclusive, just camp out there until they offer a deal. Since it is usually more of a low to mid pried brand, I'm betting there are some deals that come up every so often.

(05-20-2023, 01:33 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: Since it looks to be store exclusive, just camp out there until they offer a deal.  Since it is usually more of a low to mid pried brand, I'm betting there are some deals that come up every so often.

Thank you