Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Up & Down week...long story
(06-22-2022, 07:54 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Rutgers has a good law school.

Yes it does.  It was on his list, but in getting everything ready to do his applications, he missed the date.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
The saga continues...

My wife's car, a 2011 Nissan Sentra, has had a very slow a/c leak.  My son recharges it & it's good for the summer.  He just recharged it the other day & it seemed to be fine.  Then my wife drove me in it, (to pick up the van), & it wouldn't work. 

At highway speeds, it does work, but at lower speeds, or parked, it doesn't.  The compressor seems to go on & off & when it does go on, the engine revs.  I'll have to run a scan on it to pull some error codes.

Now the van...it needed both upper & lower manifold gaskets replaced, for the coolant leak(s).  It ran fine afterwards, until it didn't. Sad
(It also needs the oil pan gasket replaced the next time it's due for an oil change, & also a power steering hose replaced.)

Now my wife went to drive the van on Friday & she said the red check engine light came on.  It's not a red idiot light, it's yellow, so I was a little worried.  Turns out it was the yellow light.  Scan showed an error with the Air Intake Temperature Sensor.  Running the the van with the scanner on showed an air intake temp of -40°.  Outside air was around 80°.  Part is cheap ($15) & easy to replace & is on order.  Should be here tomorrow.  Then we'll see.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
He just got accepted to Penn State.