Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cigar oasis help
scott81425 Wrote:also, pay no attention to the hygro on the cigar oasis. you need a seperate hygro. do you have one? what does it say?
got a digital hydro in there right now but it is way out of whack so I need to calibrate it or get a new one.  thanks for all the suggestions, I'll get to work on it as soon as i get home next week

-Lucas
lucas Wrote:
scott81425 Wrote:also, pay no attention to the hygro on the cigar oasis. you need a seperate hygro. do you have one? what does it say?
got a digital hydro in there right now but it is way out of whack so I need to calibrate it or get a new one.  thanks for all the suggestions, I'll get to work on it as soon as i get home next week

-Lucas
yeah, for sure get a seperate digital hygro, a good quality calibrated one, and look at it. don't look at the oasis. back when i used an oasis, i think i kept the thing set at 77, to keep 65 in my humidor. dad has one, and we have his set at 62 to keep his humidor at 68. i don't know what the deal is, but i know they're not overly accurate.
scott81425 Wrote:
lucas Wrote:

-Lucas
Quote:yeah, for sure get a seperate digital hygro, a good quality calibrated one, and look at it. don't look at the oasis. back when i used an oasis, i think i kept the thing set at 77, to keep 65 in my humidor. dad has one, and we have his set at 62 to keep his humidor at 68. i don't know what the deal is, but i know they're not overly accurate.
Quote:
Interesting. When I first got my oasis, I put a separate digital hygrometer that I could trust in the opposite corner of the humidor. It was right with the oasis setting almost all of the time. I put one back in from time to time to check and it's still pretty accurate. I guess I lucked out. [pirate2]