Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitchen Resurfacing Project
The project took me about a month to complete.  I was also gearing up for distance learning, so I had to break to learn all the online stuff

The kitchen before I started.  I had renters living here before I bought the house, but I lived with it because I was too busy elsewhere.  They slapped black latex paint (with a brush) over three coats of 70-year old oil based paints.  Two drawers and the bread board went missing.  It looked hideous.

[Image: 20200322-171010.jpg]

This was midway through the project.  Two rounds of chemical paint stripping and a hell of a lot sanding got it to this point.  I did the cabinet framework first and then the doors and drawers.

[Image: 20200328-204431.jpg]

The almost finished project.  I had two old drawers remade for the two empty spots you see.  I will sand and paint them with matching hardware to get them to blend in as much as possible.  I plan to go to the local Habitat for Humanity to see if I can find an old bread board that I can modify for the spot.

[Image: 20200423-171455.jpg]

Now onto other home projects.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
That's a hell of a lot of work Mr. Lion. I just finished my younger son's cabinets...
It takes patience, patience, patience.
Looking good, be proud.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Excellent job!

Lion, here's my before pic:
[Image: IMG-5721.jpg]
And after pic:  i thinkink my son and his wife were happy..
[Image: 20200502-095756.jpg]
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
You guys do good work!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
WOW Jimmie!  That looks great!  That, too, is a lot of work...a lot of detail work.  And you're right:  patience, patience, patience.  Just takes a lot of time to take the doors off, the hardware, sanding, painting, but it is worth it in the end. The white looks really good in there.  White is the popular color right now for kitchens.  I went with an office to somewhat go with the puke brown walls.  I didn't want to attempt those.  I just want to get the kitchen looking decent for selling.  The next owners will likely rip everything out anyway, so no need to get too into it.
New oven helps. The hardest part was lining up the doors. Same holes, same hardware but damn some of them were off center. Had to re do a few.
Honorary Shield Brother
(05-04-2020, 06:43 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: New oven helps. The hardest part was lining up the doors. Same holes, same hardware but damn some of them were off center. Had to re do a few.

To be honest, I paid a handyman to hang the cabinet doors.  I didn't even want to mess with it.  If I were going to continue living here, I might have tried, but my cabinet doors were so off, it was wirth the money paid to the handyman.  Too bad your weren't on the West Coast, Mumfather, because I would have hired you.  You did a great job.
mr. Lion: The doors sucked Moose Cock... Never Again.
Good call on your part.
Honorary Shield Brother
(05-05-2020, 07:11 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: mr. Lion: The doors sucked Moose Cock... Never Again.
Good call on your part.

I am glad I made the right call.  I certainly wouldn't want to suck moose cock! Besides, I am sure I can see it on some insane P0RN site.  LMAO!!!