Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking something special for Labor Day
Maybe Sunday, if not Monday, I will enjoy something in my small stash from Cuba, real Cuban post Embargo stick.  Stay tuned in, been very busy having fun the last week or so.

Headbash
Good for you SurfnSafari, looking forward to seeing what you might smoke & hearing what you been up to. 
No smoking for me, trying to get rid of this cold / sinus infection before the wedding.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I'm looking forward to see what it is!   Smile
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Well today is Labor Day guess it is some sort of big deal, my personal fondest memory was 1952  Labor Day, we went for a ride in the family car, no air conditioning, car over heated, we were direct by some Florida Higway Workers to their yard for water for the radiator.  

On the way back to the main road my mother fell out of the car when the door flew open. This was before seat belts,and safety locks.  Mom landed on a coral rock road shoulder, was cut up real real bad, my father being a warm and fuzzy type told her to get back in the car from the driver seat.  Wound up in some ER, after some FHP Trooper directed us their.  Finally went home with mom looking like the main character of the MUMMY MOVIE.  All bandages for week until healed.

So I smoking a Cuban - Romeo Y. Juliette - Romeo No 1.  Nice construction, nice appearance, straight cut, ignited, and it burns & ashes even.  Very high quailty stick that was gifted my by a friend.  Very intresting flavor profile, that is change constantly.  I would call this a great smoke.

Now I am going to release a torpedo this is IMHO not that much better ten sticks from Nicagraga, Hondouras, or the Dominitican Repulbic.  What it has going is this Cuban is totally smoothe like rubbing you palm on a chinchilla pelt,and stroking the fur.  Smoothe like the pelt.

The argument about CC's v/s Non - CC's, Cuban soil is the difference, as it is only available in Cuba, and has been producing Tabacco since long before the other place planed their first Cuban seats.

JMHO Happy Labor Day, be safe.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow surf, that's some story. Amazing what we remember. I often wonder if what remember is really what happened.
No Justice, No Peace!
Nice smoke for sure with a creamy flavor profile.

Wow, that is some story to remember & lucky for your mom she wasn’t seriously hurt.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Well my long term memory is great, yes my mother was not in the hospital ER long, but was in her "MUMMY" outfit for a long time.  Having been cut by Coral many time while living in Miami is it very sharp.  Back then doctor would make house calls, the house calls went on for weeks.

Think the funnies part of the story was when mom was laying on the ground bleeding, my father said something like, don't just lay there, get in the G-- D__ Car Hen.  Hen was a short version of her name.  Think he thought he was back in the Merchant Marine ordering the seaman around.

But the Cigar yesterday was good, but there are many good, and great Cigars out of other places beside Cuba.

Cuban Soil is like the "starter", like that is used to make some of the best Sour Dough Bread in San Fransisco, CA.  The bread started goes back over 150 years to the Gold Rush, today each batch has some of the magic in it that old starter.

Cuban Soil has many years of growing Tabacco, I am sure the OLD NUTRIENT RICH SOIL is like their secret, and it is only available in Cuba.

JMHO
Nice choice of cigar! I do prefer the more creamy than spicy cigars as of late. And good story too!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Well the true is I had one of those Cigar in my stash of maybe 11 - 12 CC's, now I am down one.
Maybe I will smoke another on Christmas.