Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any advice for someone who wants to gradually slip into this form of relaxation?
Hello all, 

Anyone out there living the "high life"?
What goes good with cigars; bourbon, brandy, scotch, or cognac? Is it mostly a personal preference for which goes with which depending on the cigar, or are there good rules of thumb to go by? Just FYI, I am a beginner at cigars and expensive liquors. Any advice for someone who wants to gradually slip into this form of relaxation?

BTW, I heard that cigar smoke will conduct electricity with the inside of my case. Is this true? I'm planning to use ash trays and an air conditioner to lower the effects of indoor smoking. Would this be enough? If not, I'll simply shut the CPU off when I have friends over for a smoke. I've read through a few Thompson & Co mags. Any recommendations?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic....&t=1066694

Thank you.
I've found the best way to relax with a cigar & drink.....is sharing them with a friend or 2. 
Doesn't matter how good the cigar is or what the drink is, it's all about the friendship.

When I'm alone though, I like to sit outside, under the patio awning, light up a cigar & have a drink with me & watch the birds at the bird feeders.  It's nice & peaceful, as long as there are no landscapers or obnoxious parties nearby.  I also like to sit under the patio awning & watch thunderstorms too.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Depends on many factors. Some days I pair my stogie with coffee, ice coffee, expensive single malt, water etc. 
Go to the what are you smoking thread and take a look at the pics. Some pics give out  very useful information.

Also depends on the stogie, time of day, weather etc. 

But like  SurfnSafari has stated, a lot depends on your individual palate.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I drink beer, coffee, or sparkling water with my cigars depending on time of day and my mood.

If you are going to smoke inside, I would consider researching some kind of exhaust/ventilation set up to make sure that you have plenty of air exchanges.

While I don't have evidence to cite, I can't imagine that smoke is good for the internal components of a PC.

Good Cigar, good book, like Non Fiction is my keys to relaxing.  I enjoy reading about history, currently it is a book called "Alpha Strike", about U.S. Navy fliers & their adventures during the Vietnam war.

Today was the last day for the traveling wall to be near my home, it lists the names of 58,000 American Military Member KIA during war in Vietnam.  Honeslty the number 58,000 is a like the population of many medium sized cities in the USA.

The traveling wall is small version of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC.  Standing at one end looking down the length at all the names is kind of eary feeling.  Peaceful, I not sure that is the proper word to discribe the feeling.