Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Budget PC build
My 12 year old daughter wants to build her own computer.  She has been saving some $$ for it, but I don't think she has enough to build something decent.

For Christmas, she got a case: Cooler Master HAF 912 (she didn't want a full tower & I liked the other Cooler Master HAF cases)
and a graphics card: ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon RX 470 4GB OC Edition AMD Gaming Graphics Card with DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 (STRIX-RX470-O4G)

I'd like to have the system based on a Intel i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

I'm not sure what motherboard & hard drives.  I was thinking of a SSD boot drive & then a WD Black 1TB drive for data.

Any advice/thoughts?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Take a look here Jan. I put the parts in you said you had, and the processor you wanted.

Don't worry about the pricing part, I used this for compatibility.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ftW3WX
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Also.....I didn't put all the stuff like CD/DVD/Blu-ray/keyboard/etc in there. Just the main components.
You could also check out reddit, if you're a member there. They have a very passionate subreddit dedicated to building pc's and they LOVE to help people out over there with this stuff.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I do not disagree with Scott, but on reddit, there is/would be a lot of "this *should* work", because the folks there may not have worked with the configuration of the parts you already have. That's why I switched to pcpartpicker, as they have tested all the components together, in various formats.
(12-29-2016, 05:56 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote: I do not disagree with Scott, but on reddit, there is/would be a lot of "this *should* work", because the folks there may not have worked with the configuration of the parts you already have. That's why I switched to pcpartpicker, as they have tested all the components together, in various formats.

To be fair, they recommend pcpp a lot over on reddit. It's one of their favorites. But yes, use all your resources. Building pc's are fun!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Thanks guys! The PCPP did help...but we winged it a little when we got to Microcenter...found a few hidden deals. Ordered a few parts from Newegg as well.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles