Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xikar Customer Service - Above and Beyond!
Thumbs Up 
I thought it would be nice to share a positive story about dealing with a company, as I think it is nice to share Positive as well as Negative experiences.

We all know about the Xikar warranty and service -- pretty much the best not only in cigars, but in any industry.   And while I already felt this to be true, my experience with them only verifies it several times over.

I had an old Xikar Xi2 that I received as a gift from a guy on an old cigar forum I participated in back in 2006.  The Xikar was a group buy deal for the forum's annual Herf in the midwest, and were printed with the forum, herf dates, etc. 

I have used the cutter continuously over the years, and finally had an issue with it last month.   I had noticed the blades were dull, and was considering sending it in to be sharpened.  Well, it just so happened that as I opened it to use it, the "V" spring in it broke, and a piece of it came out and hit the counter.   (That spring is what reopens it after you cut and keeps it open when you don't have it locked closed.)

So it was definitely time to send it in.  I figured they could repair it or even replace it with no issue.   It really had no sentimental value for me or anything.    So I sent it in with the Xikar warranty slip.    I got the email conformation that they received it, and kind of forgot about iit until last week.

I got a package back from Xikar.   Inside was a box with a brand new Xi2!  Awesome.    Here is what takes the cake.   They included a note that said they were not able to repair my old cutter, but wanted to return it because it may have held sentimental value (because of the printing on it.)    I opened up that bubble wrap, and my  old cutter was there....   in perfect like-new working order with the blades freshly sharpened!     They could have just sent my old cutter back and I would have been 100% happy.   This was above and beyond.  I haven't even opened and used the new cutter yet - I am back to the old one!

So just know this...  when people talk about the Xikar warranty, it is not hype.  It is the real deal.  They stand behind their products, and their service is above and beyond!

Excellent service for sure and that is no rumor but a fact...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
WOW! That is great!

It's rare that a company has that kind of customer service.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thanks for sharing your experience. That just confirms everything I've heard about them.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
And to top it all off, I dropped another one that I have last night and it came apart... fortunately, nothing was broken and I was able to get it back together myself.

A stellar company for sure!

Psh, wish palio was this awesome. Am I the only one that recalls you used to be able to walk into any Palio dealer and swap your cutter out for a new one, no questions asked. Mine came apart the other day, so I emailed them. Was told that you have to mail it back to them along with a check for 7.50, and they will inspect it and determine if a replacement is warranted, then contact you about whether you want to repair it or replace it. What on earth could be repaired on these things?
Good question Scott. Hopefully, there will be no worries. I never had an issue with mine so I'm not sure about going into a retail store and swapping it out.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(08-10-2016, 03:59 PM)scott81425 Wrote: Psh, wish palio was this awesome. Am I the only one that recalls you used to be able to walk into any Palio dealer and swap your cutter out for a new one, no questions asked. Mine came apart the other day, so I emailed them. Was told that you have to mail it back to them along with a check for 7.50, and they will inspect it and determine if a replacement is warranted, then contact you about whether you want to repair it or replace it. What on earth could be repaired on these things?

Sounds like poor customer service....not that there is a problem, but how they handle the problem.  The only things I've every heard about Xikar customer service was how great they are.

I never had a Palio cutter...what is the cost of a new one?

From their website:
http://www.paliocutters.com/index.php/warranty/

Quote:[Image: Palio-Warranty.jpg]

This product is produced and manufactured by Quality Importers Trading Company. 
Palió assumes no responsibility for any misuse of the product. Palió warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product.
We at Palió don’t take our slogan, “A cut above,” lightly. We live by it and think our warranty should epitomize it, so it’s as simple as it gets! If you feel the Palió cigar cutter you purchased has lost its ability to deliver a quality cut, assuming it has only been used for its intended purpose (cigar preparation), simply return it to us by following these simple steps. We will repair or replace it for a nominal fee.
  1. Activate your warranty by registering your Palió following the link below
[Image: warranty-btn.jpg]
  1. Call our support department at 1-888-795-4839 ext. 118 to learn how to service your Palió under warranty.
  2. Mail your defective product to: 3350 Enterprise Ave., Suite 120, Weston, FL 33331
  3. If your Palió cutter qualifies for repair or replacement, we will notify you, and mail you the repaired cutter or a replacement.

Them asking you for a check, ahead of time, even for just $7.50, doesn't sound too good to me.

Maybe posting the question on their Facebook page might get a better answer...Hmmmm...I can't even find a Facebook page for them
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Could have just been the way I read into it, but their email response gave me the vibe things had changed since the quality importers buyout. I think my issue is the 7.50 "inspection" fee. I could understand wanting 3.50 for return shipping or something, but a lifetime warranty should mean lifetime. Oh well, got lots of other cutters.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
[Image: 9961c29f6ab8dc159a90c1bf6176b40f.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk