Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbows
Good to clear the air. Many forums are different. They all have different personalities based on the size and forum members.
Posting on several forums with the same post could be interpreted differently depending on the forum.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
A disingenuous post on his part, Jimmie.

He just copied it from his identical post on CigarPass:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forum/index.php...213/page-4

And wow... would you believe a similar post on CigarGeeks? Shocker.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/foru...40&posts=9

(03-22-2016, 11:13 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: A disingenuous post on his part, Jimmie.

And wow...   would you believe a similar post on CigarGeeks?   Shocker.

Wait, disingenuous? Ok. But, how can I copy something I wrote. I transgressed in each of these venues and offered a simple apology as best I could. What was I suppose to do? Go through and make more of a scene than I all ready have? I am taking steps to put things right, but apparently that sentiment is not shared. So, I ask you what do you suggest I do, since I can seem to unrighteousness this bell.
The secret word is cigars!
(03-22-2016, 01:04 PM)GrouchoM Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 11:13 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: A disingenuous post on his part, Jimmie.

And wow...   would you believe a similar post on CigarGeeks?   Shocker.

Wait, disingenuous? Ok. But, how can I copy something I wrote. I transgressed in each of these venues and offered a simple apology as best I could. What was I suppose to do? Go through and make more of a scene than I all ready have?  I am taking steps to put things right, but apparently that sentiment is not shared.  So, I ask you what do you suggest I do, since I can seem to unrighteousness this bell.

Like I have suggested to you both via PM and in other threads on this forum, I suggest that you focus on developing relationships on one or two forums and interact with them more thoroughly.     When you cut and paste the same threads and same messages on multiple forums, it does seem disingenuous.   

While I only found this reply on 2 forums before I bothered checking for more, there are other threads where you posted the exact same threads on at least 6 other cigar forums.   And I'm not talking about posting pics of what you're smoking or whatever, I'm talking content-related posts.

And if you think about it, the root of your self-described transgressions on all of these forums was based on the fact that you violated the norms of forum cultures.   And I would attribute this to the fact that you didn't take the time to seriously become a member of the communities and become familiar with their standards and practices.

Really get to know us, really get to know the members of the other cigar forums.  They are all great communities and have unique things to offer.   But stop in and really visit.  Don't just look out the window as you drive by.

FWIW

Ok. Your perception of me using my own words, the cut and paste, bewilder me because their my words. I don't draft various versions of an apology, because my goal is is to be consistent. But, apparently only "I'm sorry" repeated several times would have been disingenuous or dismissive to me. I sat and wrote what I thought would be a respectful apology, to address my after my mistake. Sadly, that's all I got. It was my words, and it took a lot to not continue to grouse about being set upon, I acknowledged what I did and set out on a course of repair. I acknowledged that I have asked to be a part of this and those forums and I must take what comes with it. So, I finished bing butt hurt and remembered as a man I have to have a code. I could have just remained silent and went on my merry way, but I didnt. I apologized and did it with the least amount of rancor I could muster, because I transgressed over these norms that I was unaware of. Lacking that foresight I erred. I sulked, I raged and then I got and addressed it, the best way I could.

Regarding repetitive content , I don't post anything but what I know, which is little re this world. But, I've posted only about butane, accessories, cooking and adult beverages I consume. I'm not sure where the problem is...Sadly I don't leave blood on each post like it a great opus. Many of these threads are about casual mentions of the drink one had with a smoke or a meal someone had. So, where am I being disingenuous offering up my content. A post of my aunt Theresa's bake ziti is just that, not something to sway the hearts and minds of people. It fun and light and if anyone wishes to engage me about it I'll be a good sport. But, you make it seem I have some malice or attention seeking fetish as a newb. So, I'm at a loss on what you think my post are doing. Many of these site run on content. Well, I steadily try to provide the little I've had
...but, I don't see that as disruptive, calculating or disingenuous. I wish to participate, but to have someone dictate how to the extreme is unsettling. I taken umbridge (not offense) with your claim I'm driving by, if I didn't post I'm a lurker, if I post too much I'm an attention whore, when really I'm participating where it's conformable for me. This is also my journey as well as the other members.

Also speaking of developing relationships with members. I have. I may not praise their smokes, cause I have no clue (but I also don't want to be seen as a poser discussing things above my head or begging fie cigars with references to not being familiar with 90% of the cigar based posts). I do me. Which is to post a congratulations on a milestone by a member, for a birth or engagement announcement. I don't herf currently because I don't smoke what many others members smoke nor do I smoke to the degree or frequency, so it would be great to fellowship, but I'm feel I don't measure up in being fully in the lifestyle after four months. Hell, my buddy had to beseech me to got to a B&M of buying crappy smokes out a liquor store for 3.5 mths.

But, I've spoken to members via PMS and a few events so far. I become more ready to respond to a query that someone poses, I wishes people best wishes on a wife's illness, liked a post on a recommendation about rehydrating boveda or busted balls with strong willed individuals while stated a thought or two. So, while our comparative time in thus lifestyle in as wide as the ocean. It is no less disingenuous at four months than you were at four months.

I haven't disregarded you advice, far from it. Each forum is different, like each member and I need tome to figure out who fits well with me and who doesn't. But, I'm at present not trying to limit myself to those experiences.

You "norms of forum culture" statement was spot on , but again unaware. You see an opportunity to build bonds and relationships. I saw territorialism. Different perspectives about the same thing from where I am and where you are. So, again. You words were not wasted on me, nor your sage advice, but I have to internalize it and operationalize it for what fits me.

Please know I have been online less than a month, I try to participate daily, but it the same because its my simple life and what I'm about. If I were on different sites posting photos of other people smokes to make it appear I have bottomless pockets, or comment on every discussion posted about cigar knowledge and culture or to just be a nasty posting snit. Then, you could take exception with me and rightfully so. But, I havent, don't and won't do that. That would be disingenuous. I will take this all into developing my sense of self as a cigar lover, a forum member and a person, but please know I don't simply try to walk by and only look in the window. I have acknowledged the people on this forum and more reach out to me every day, just like I reach out to them.
I don't think anyone is knocking you for posting, you shouldn't feel that you need to defend yourself. I think the knock here is repeating the same posts all over the place. Again, there's nothing wrong with your apology, or making it. I think the argument is was it necessary? You asked advice, you received it. Many of the gentleman trying to help you out here in this thread are moderators on this board. They try to keep the riff raff to a minimum, and have to clean stuff up on occasion. If you'd made a mistake and an apology was warranted I'm sure they'd have let you know. In comparison to a lot of the other boards out there, we tend to run a little smaller and more tight knit. But we're a bit more laid back too. I mean, it's not like you sparked another cellophane or not discussion. So, my advice is relax. Listen to other advice. Enjoy your time, and enjoy some good sticks.
What do you mean? I always take it off...
No Justice, No Peace!
(03-23-2016, 02:47 PM)scott81425 Wrote: I don't think anyone is knocking you for posting, you shouldn't feel that you need to defend yourself. I think the knock here is repeating the same posts all over the place. Again, there's nothing wrong with your apology, or making it. I think the argument is was it necessary? You asked advice, you received it. Many of the gentleman trying to help you out here in this thread are moderators on this board. They try to keep the riff raff to a minimum, and have to clean stuff up on occasion. If you'd made a mistake and an apology was warranted I'm sure they'd have let you know. In comparison to a lot of the other boards out there, we tend to run a little smaller and more tight knit. But we're a bit more laid back too. I mean, it's not like you sparked another cellophane or not discussion. So, my advice is relax. Listen to other advice. Enjoy your time, and enjoy some good sticks.

Thumbsup
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore