Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any networking experts?
I just signed up for a vpn, private internet access, and am wondering if anyone has experience setting it up on the router? I'd like to use it at times, and not at others, if that's possible. My router is an asus with merlin firmware and vpn settings, but I have no idea what I am doing? Anyone know this stuff?
I'm scratching what little hair I have left on my head.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have PIA but use the software on my laptop, desktop, and ios devices. I can turn it off with a simple menu in the system tray (Win 10). On my phone, I have the app, and I just open it and there is a giant on/off switch.

I like being from Romania. Big Grin

(10-29-2015, 09:37 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: I have PIA but use the software on my laptop, desktop, and ios devices. I can turn it off with a simple menu in the system tray (Win 10). On my phone, I have the app, and I just open it and there is a giant on/off switch.

I like being from Romania. Big Grin
Yes, it is very nice. Although I read up that the US servers are the way to go, as the European ones are required to log, even though they say they don't. However I'm trying to set it up on my streaming devices, and the only way I can see to do that would be by setting it up on the router itself. But I still want to be able to turn it off easily if we play games online. But I do love it so far.
Yeah, that is beyond me - there is some kind of programming you can do on specific types of routers, but that is all beyond me.

I usually use Western US servers as they are closest to me and I typically get the best speeds.