Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Outdoor Gear/Clothes
Hey guys.

I really like the looks and functionality of the Columbia PFG (pro fishing gear), pants and shirt, but have a really, really, hard time with the  $60 price tag on the pants, and the $40+ on the shirt.... I really need some light weight nylon gear for hiking and fishing, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this gear or others??? Maybe an idea of some better priced stuff?

Need some new gear, and being a newly married homeowner, has me really watching my spending.

Tim
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I bought some Columbia breathable rain gear for my girlfriend last year.  She loves it.  They make a pretty good product, but can be pricey.  I have also bought a lot of stuff from "The Sportsmans Guide".  They have great prices on some stuff.  I have had my eye on the Carhart stuff, but they are very spendy too.
I like smoking lightning
Columbia makes some good stuff.  I have a fishing shirt.  Not sure if its the same one but it is lightweight and works great.
I LOVE the PFG gear and own a LOT of it!  Dick's Sporting Goods has a line made for them that they sell under the Field and Stream name that's great as well and considerably less expensive.  Also, what size are you?  I may be able to hook you up...  send me a pm and we can discuss.Wink
I used to buy my fishing clothes form my locak work store that sold clothes for the construction guys. I forget the name, but they had a nice variety of functional clothes cheap.

Then I bought most stuff from Cabelas.

I gotta tell you, K-Mart and Kohls, when they have a sale, that's it for me!

I'd rather catch fish than look good!
Thanks guys!

The PFG gear is sweet! I'm only in need of this gear because I'll be doin a TON of fishing in Florida with my brother. Up here in PA, it's not really needed that much. Also, we will be doin some canoe fishing is the brackish waters during the mornings, and don't want to burn up!!!

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.