Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes in my MO
I used to actively seek out people to smoke my cigars with. Going to almost any length to have a few hours to smoke a fine cigar, talk about everything from history to tobacco growing and maybe even enjoy some fine spirit. I'd also seek out opportunities to smoke my cigar often planning my day around it. Somehow this has changed. I find myself being more of an opportunistic smoker now. I will not pass up an opportunity to smoke in my car. Any ride that will take more then 10 minutes I'll light up. I also find that when the opportunity does strike I tend to chain smoke. My fishing trips, for instance, typically involved around 5 cigars each trip of late... I dont know why these changes are occurring, but I thought I'd put it out there and see if any of you are experiencing the same.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I smoke 3 to 5 sticks a day. Lately, I've been smoking more cigarettes than I want. I'm in almost constant pain, and I use them to not take meds. Sounds like an excuse...and it is, to some degree. It is also more economical. The cigars I tend to lean toward, are 6 to 8 bucks each, and last an hour or so. A pack of smokes is 6.50, and lasts me all day and part of the next. 😛
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
A week can go by & I don't smoke a cigar. With everything going on with me, I don't go out of the house much including the backyard. But when I do, I'll take 4 or 5 cigars with me & smoke at least 2.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I try to smoke 4 over a weekend if I find time.
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
I am down to one or two a week sadly. Don't really like smoking by myself so only smoke when with the guys which is pretty much Wednesday nights.
--Mike
I only smoke with the dics and when I am golfing..
(06-12-2014, 05:13 PM)NickDrista Wrote: I only smoke with the dics and when I am golfing..

You only smoking dic?!?!?!!?
--Mike
Summer time is here, let the smoking begin..

Winter is less often.. I always enjoyed a cigar while on the tractor but I hired a lawn service this year so I miss that opportunity.

I always chain smoke while herfing, just a natural thing for me to do.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I drastically cut back probably about 2-3 years ago. Currently, my prime time is at night - if I have Alex it is after he goes to sleep. I'll have a cigar or two then. When I am working it is usually on the weekends and now that I am off work it may be a little more often.

There is also a cigar group here in my town that meets every Thursday at someone's house and we herf. Anywhere from 5-20 guys show up, and it is pretty low key. I try to make it there when I don't have Alex or have anything else going on.

When I moved back to Ohio from Virginia Christmas of 2012, my smoking went from 5+ a week down to 1 every few weeks. At this rate I won't have to buy cigars for many many years
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham