Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Smoking a Macanudo ...
… Cru Royale. Macs have always gotten a bad rap. They're really very good cigars.
(12-29-2013, 04:45 PM)bartok Wrote: … Cru Royale. Macs have always gotten a bad rap. They're really very good cigars.

Tell us why.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have had one and couldn't finish it, not my cup of tea.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
(12-29-2013, 06:46 PM)Guarantee Wrote: I have had one and couldn't finish it, not my cup of tea.

Same here... No strength and no flavor
--Mike
(12-29-2013, 05:12 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(12-29-2013, 04:45 PM)bartok Wrote: … Cru Royale. Macs have always gotten a bad rap. They're really very good cigars.

Tell us why.

This one was medium bodied and flavored, and there was decent flavor complexity. Probably 3 or 4 distinct flavors with some moderate floral overtones. (Sorry, it's been a few years since I've tried to exercise my flavor vocabulary). All the flavors were well married, with the floral notes helping the major flavors to compliment each other (think of how the right spices works in a dish, and you'll see what I mean by this). There was nothing harsh or unpleasant about it, and it held up to a moderately quick smoke without becoming tarry. I felt that the flavors would have held up at a slower burn. I couldn't detect anything that smelled or tasted unnatural (a problem with a lot of cigars lately). It was a very well made cigar without any stems or significant veins. The cigar was perfectly rolled and burned very evenly, with no draw issues.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
the macs are in fact a very fine cigar. Well made and a very very high quality control. For years they were on my hit list. Mike D still enjoys a mice Mac now and then. For most seasoned smokers they fined them too bland. That is why I stopped smoking them. They appeal to the beginner and infrequent smoker.
Now, that doesn't mean that if you smoke a mac and like it you aren't seasoned... It's just a general thing. And to tell you the truth, the cigar snobs out there paint the Macanudo so strongly negative, there are probably more people out there who enjoy them but refuse to admit it in public. There are probably more smokers out there that don;t like a very strong in-your-face cigar and wont admit to that either.
Personally I know what I like and I dont need anyone approval to smoke it. In fact, for the most part I dont need to share with anyone what I'm smoking or who I'm poking... It's not necessary.
If you like it, enjoy it freely.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Well said Skipper. I couldn't agree more.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I go for a mild cigar every now and then. I just don't need to be blown away with the taste to enjoy a cigar. It's more important for the flavors to be good and well balanced than strong. It's like preferring tea to a cappuccino. Sometimes I just want tea.