Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please take a minute to read. Thx guys
yes, positive thoughts your way
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steve. Stay strong and keep fighting through!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Any update?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(07-29-2013, 10:32 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Any update?

There is. For some reason I thought I had posted an update! I was discharged early Friday evening. They sent me home on IV antibiotics 2X a day for 7 days. Although things are better the IV meds have been tough. There's only 1 antibiotic that works on this type of infection, and I have an allergy to it. In order to be able infuse the antibiotic I have to do 50mg of IV Benadryl right before I start each infusion, and another 50 half way thru. The draw back is IV Benadryl is very strong (much stronger than oral for). That being said I do the am dose at 5:30 or so. The Benadryl knocks me out cold till about noon. The evening dose I do at about 5:30 and I'm knocked out till midnight leaving me awake all night.
The good thing is I'm just past half way mark.
The doc put a pic line in. I'll go back the end of September to have another tunnel line inserted. As difficult as this has been its been a rather minor set back. I'm about to celebrate 20yrs cancer free! as well as up until oct of last year I was spending 50% of the time away from my wife and kids layed up in the hospital.
Thanks again for both the concern, and support. I'll keep this thread updated.
On a side note I can't wait to be able to enjoy a cigar. It seems like the combination of meds have messed with my taste buds.
Thx again
A cigar is an investment in ones mental health
Hang in bro, you and others are a big inspiration.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(07-30-2013, 06:03 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Hang in bro, you and others are a big inspiration.

Thanks Jimmie. I'm about 3 hrs from starting my last infusion. I found out yesterday afternoon that my labs are back to normal! The antibiotics were able to nip the infection before it spread to far. It's made such a difference in the recovery. The last line infection I had didn't show the same signs as this one did. Last time I had started to run a temp. Within hrs of my temp rising it went from 97.6* to 103.8* in a matter of a few hrs. Because of the severity of that infection I was in the hospital for 10 days.
I can't wait till my taste buds r back to normal so I can enjoy a cigar!!!
A cigar is an investment in ones mental health
Keep hanging in! The cigar will be all the tastier when you get past this.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"