Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blooms Cigars?
Went to the beer distributor today to get hubby & I some refreshments. They added a little humidor and I thought I'd pick up something for tonight. We've been working on new windows, a door & siding for the past 3 days and we need a treat Wink

I was looking for something I haven't had before. I found a cigar from Blooms. My laptop is acting up, so I can't open their website, but found they are a cigar lounge in the South Side of Pittsburgh.

Has anyone ever had one? Mine has a light colored wrapper (Connecticut-like) and the sticker on the cello says "Q. BLOOM 606"
I'm assuming the 606 has something to do with the ring size (hefty little bugger).

I'll let you know what we think later tonight.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
Never heard of them.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Same here.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
No review today, the rain made me want to stay inside last night. Soon, I promise.
They aren't a bad cigar. I wouldn't list it in my top 10, but it's a house-special blend. I'll buy one if i'm going to sit in the lounge and smoke one, mostly because I feel like i'm supporting Mark and his shop.

4Cliff, where ya from? I grew up in South Hills, and moved to Monroeville. Just getting back to the forums.
I'm from Armstrong County. I found them at a place in Kittanning. It's still sitting here waiting to be smoked Sad Had a picnic last night, have a meeting tonight. It was between that and the NUB and I wanted to try something new. Thanks VitG for the review.
Its definitely worth making the trip in, even if not to buy the house brand. Saturdays is "Cigar Camp" with food and drink for everyone. I think the place has been a multigenerational business since the 1920's or abouts. The guy who runs it is a great guy, has a massive selection, and decent prices. You can almost always find an opus, GoF, anejo, etc, there.
Okay, we lit it up tonight. I agree with VitaminG, not in my top 10 either, but decent. The Man liked it a bit more than I, but we didn't smoke it down to the nub, but that's a different story Wink I might get it again simply because my local beer distributor has a VERY limited selection.