Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driver's license, registration, cellphone...
As a motorcyclist I usually applaud any effort to keep people in cars focused on the task of driving.
But... this... goes to far.

>> New Jersey law would allow cops to search phone after crash

I like cops.
My uncle was a cop.
I got no problem with law enforcement.
But that's crazy.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

> > Cigar Rights - Help Exempt Premium Cigars From FDA Regulation!

If youre texting and driving they can catch you. I thought they can search records anyways?
phone records yes, with a warrant of some kind I assume.
But "gimme your phone, I wanna look through it." ... ? .... no way.

Maybe back when a phone was just a phone it'd be less of a big deal.
But today - my phone as email, and all sorts of stuff that's none of anyone else's business.

I can see the officer now:
"Well sir it appears from rummaging through your phone that you were NOT texting while driving.
But those emails about your Cuban cigar purchase... we need to talk about that.
Also your Mom wants you to call home more."

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

> > Cigar Rights - Help Exempt Premium Cigars From FDA Regulation!

What a load of BS!

The government has been listening to our cell phone conversations, and reading our texts, why not let the cops take the whole d@mn phone! Unbelievable
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
It's just the shredding of another constitutional right. After the 2nd is gone, next will be th 1st, & then the others will follow, a little at a time. This is the death of a thousand cuts.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
There was this Disney movie called Over the Hedge, where a woman is driving and she gets a call and says to the person on the other end, "No, I can talk. I'm JUST DRIVING". People take driving too lightly and it is a huge responsibility when you consider how many people you can affect by making poor decisions. I can't believe some of the things I have seen people doing while they were driving. Can you believe that someone was actually reading a newspaper while driving? I am in for anything that will get people to pay more attention.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Next they'll be checking your political party affiliation before deciding whether or not to give you a ticket, just like IRS audits.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
They can't just fine the Jersey driver...for being a Jersey driver? It should carry a hefty fine and lots of points.
(06-12-2013, 09:17 AM)Tonto Wrote: It's just the shredding of another constitutional right. After the 2nd is gone, next will be th 1st, & then the others will follow, a little at a time. This is the death of a thousand cuts.

Sorry, man, but the 2nd Ammendment has a decent lobby supporting it. It'll be the last to go. Can't say so much for the others.
(06-12-2013, 07:31 PM)The542 Wrote: They can't just fine the Jersey driver...for being a Jersey driver? It should carry a hefty fine and lots of points.

The fine should be for being a New Jersey resident.