Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
congressman threatens impeachment for Obama's 19 executive order for gun control
The house is opening the floor reading the constitution for the 2nd time in history over this. Looks like we need to buy our stuff now.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/guns-ob.../id/471370

Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman threatened Monday afternoon that he would file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he institutes gun control measures with an executive order.

Stockman warned that such executive orders would be “unconstitutional” and “infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.” (RELATED: Levin: If Obama sidesteps Congress on debt ceiling, ‘no choice’ but impeachment)

“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment,” Stockman said in a statement.

At his press conference Monday, Obama floated the possibility of using executive action to enact policies aimed at reducing gun violence.

The freshman congressman, who served one term in Congress in the mid-1990s, further labeled the possibility “an existential threat to this nation” because, he said, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to allow the people to protect themselves from tyranny. (RELATED VIDEO — Walter Williams: People misunderstand the point of the Second Amendment)

“Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible,” he added. “Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person — much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court.”

He concluded by claiming that an executive order would be not just “not just an attack on the Constitution,” but also an “attack on Americans.”

“If the president is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist,” he said.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I think this guy shoudl run for president
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(01-15-2013, 11:17 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I think this guy shoudl run for president

And Take Greg Ball for VP

http://youtu.be/2rRSUEaLKvA
I just wish his last sentence would have read:
“Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon constitutional rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible,” he added. “Under no circumstances whatsoever may the government take any action that disarms any peaceable person — much less without due process through an executive declaration without a vote of Congress or a ruling of a court.”
you need to be careful how you use the g-word these days...
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Finally someone with kahones
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Well, anyone who can make it to your state capitol on the 19th, there will be a gun appreciation day to show these idiots that we will not take it any longer. A peaceful armed march on the capitols might send a little message
Git R Dun!
(01-15-2013, 12:21 PM)jitzy Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 11:17 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I think this guy shoudl run for president

And Take Greg Ball for VP

http://youtu.be/2rRSUEaLKvA

+100

I was watching Ball speak last night.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
This guy needs a few hundred friends in congress like yesterday... Obama, go ahead, make our day......
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Finally someone with a big sack o balls.
I agree.

The only problem is it is not who gets the most votes, the winner is the one who "they" say won.

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”