Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some new studio equipment... the latest update
So I have been working for a while and putting some studio equipment together for my new project, and I thought I'd share the latest "in progress" pic...

[Image: 10BBE3CC-8F07-4D6E-A2A9-C36768043693-831...0DDB25.jpg]

In case there are any audio people, the equipment thus far includes:
Mic: Heil PR40
Mixer: Mackie 1402-VLZ3
Compressor/Limiter/Gate: Behringer MDX4600
Headphone Amplifier: Behringer HA4700
Headphones: Sony MDR7506
Digital Recorder: Roland R-05

(Plus a cheap laptop I picked up to run Skype and internet audio stuff through the board, and my iPad run through the board for Sound Clips, etc.)

So that is my little developing project...

AWESOME Bill!!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Wow looks great Bill!
This is my boomstick!
Now we need a show..Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
internet radio or podcasting?
Support my Movember team to support Prostate and testicular cancer awareness at: http://us.movember.com/team/747249

(01-11-2013, 12:26 PM)halfflash Wrote: internet radio or podcasting?

Podcasting... had an old show that I had to put to bed after 29 episodes, but have a new show in development and hope to get it off the ground soon...

Check the link in my sig for the work in progress... Wink

The upgrade on the mic is awesome and what a cool little pop filter.

That is one serious compressor you got there, is that used on top of virtual eq and compressor programs on Audacity? I bet the hardware compress sounds a lot better.

I only have this kind of compressor

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
(02-25-2013, 02:39 PM)sergione Wrote: The upgrade on the mic is awesome and what a cool little pop filter.

That is one serious compressor you got there, is that used on top of virtual eq and compressor programs on Audacity? I bet the hardware compress sounds a lot better.

I only have this kind of compressor

Thanks... I know I still owe you and Jebus an email about some stuff... will get to that soon as it will take a while... Skype or something may actually be better...

So the mic is indeed a major upgrade - professional quality for sure.

The hardware is a compressor/limiter/gate, and will be used for all three functions. Is does most of the work while recording, and I have the Skype Laptop, My Mic, a Spare Mic, and the Sound Board running through it.

I will use Audition after that and run the Multiband compressor for a little software tweak, along with Normalization.

The addition of the hardware compressor along with moving to Audition for the Multiband Compressor and a few other little things should give me a little bit of a richer tone (that I have been looking for). At the same time, it won't sound like a super over-compressed FM radio station.

Audacity is still superb, and I can recommend an excellent Compressor Plugin that is easy to use and will get you fantastic results.

This could go on for a few pages, so I'll fill you in a bit more when we chat with Jebus.

cant wait to read that email and get much needed help with our set up. Right now it just looks like a crap load of wires on top of a dirty hamper basket

[Image: IMG_3459_zpsbdf854a9.jpg]
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
O&A LOOK OUT!!!
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer